200k SF Air Duct Clean

tres davis

Name
tres
Taking a look at a 200k sf air duct clean on Wednesday....

Any insight is appreciated. We are in Texas with mostly flex duct. This is an A+ commercial office building. The work will be after hours. I'm not really sure of the setup of this building other than it's a 5 story building. Wednesday will be my first look at it.

Any tips or advice on estimating and what I should be looking for when I'm there to help with estimating. This is way bigger than we have ever done for duct cleaning.

We do a lot of residential and some light commercial. Average duct job is $300-400 in a 2k-3k sf residential for us.

We have the nikro neg air system, hepa vacs, foggers, air scrubbers, ram air and encap for apartments and places where we can't reach the systems due to tight access.

Any help or insight is appreciated

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We do residential and light commercial but high pressure systems are different animals. VAV (variable air volume) boxes can screw up an estimate and cause you to lose your ass.

The big shit is beyond us.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell
Name
Lee Stockwell
Can you do an adequate video inspection with what you have? Be careful about tearing up flex duct with aggressive brushes or air whips.

If it's too big for Chavez....

tres davis

Name
tres
Ya I didn't really like Chavezs answer ha! But that's why I asked!

I'm fully aware of the flex duct issues

I'm mostly worried about acces and the VAV issues that Chavez mentioned

I hired a small one man shop hvac shop to come help me look at it

Fingers crossed

What kind of companies would tackle a job like this? Who would you refer? Who does this kind of work?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
These guys are who would in our area. You must have someone like this down there.

We just don't have the extra large collector vacuum to get good suction. Even with zone bags it would just need more cfm than we have.

Your guy might be able to disassemble the VAV boxes for cleaning. ???

Duct Cleaning Services Kansas City | Midwest Duct Cleaning
https://www.midwestductcleaning.com/

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom