2016 Aerotech walk around

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
O.K. lets face it. The dwell pro is history. Mike got the itch. We know what happened last time you saw a brand new one :winky:

Good thing is, if you triple wand, you may be able to do your entire high desert, settlement of homesteaders in one day.

Mikey P

Administrator
speaking of AT.

my exhaust diverter stopped going past the half way point a month or so ago. I replace the vacuum solenoid, that help get it a bit further..

Put hose clamps on each end of the vacuum line including joints, still no go..

AT said it must be the HX mechanism sticking. We took that apart today, cleaned and reamed it out and added lots of grease...

Still wont fully divert..

OP is looking better and better..:arrrr:

Mikey P

Administrator
can you open those up to work on them?

Never touched my 2004 V's...

We can push the indicator/ tongue depressor all the way forward....It just wont stay..

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Invest in a cheap vacuum gauge to make sure the vacuum level is where it needs to be.

http://www.harborfreight.com/fuel-pump-and-vacuum-tester-93547.html

That way you'll know whether to look at the actuator or back at the lines etc. for pinholes, kinks, and such...

image_13809.jpg

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
A common issue (on vehicles anyway) is the actuator diaphragm will develop a small leak. It will move some but the vacuum leaks off fast enough that it never achieves full travel. If you hook the hand pump up to a leaky actuator it will move as long as you keep pumping but will leak out and return to normal position as soon as you stop.

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
The actuator is a sealed unit, if it is bad you have to replace it. They are relatively inexpensive.

todg

Name
Michael Marcus
I'd love to own one of those Aero techs...As an Owner/ Operator (non-dual anything) can't seem to think of spending a $100K on something that ain't gonna be used more than 10 jobs a week...(All Tile) Was thinking that slide-ins even maintained properly last between 3-5 years, I'm 50, and should be done by say age 65, so i'm figuring around at least $75-100 grand at the least in future truck mount costs...Hmmm...Just a thought...

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
why?...i believe AT was persona non grata back then
Mike was still madly in love with Yappie's tongue in his ear

He's a fickle lover you know.
There's a string of jilted lovers from Canada to Carolina , from Cali to NY:icon_redface:

..L.T.A.

I know thats why I passed but I could have waited longer. I was just tired of what I had. I had just put a new engine on it 6 months earlier.

Gene

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom