$ 2016 $

Ron K

2016 what are you raising your prices to?
Thinking of
20% per room.
.50 PSFT ORC
$25.oo Minimum Charge increase.
Not doing Upholstery anymore maybe. Seems to be a money loser.

Jim Nelson

Name
Jim nelson
No over the phone pricing. in home pricing only $25.00. Price going up from .65 to. $0.70 for cleaning, $1.01 for Cleaning & Teflon. No Furniture cleaning or moving .I will move one couch . More then that $10.00 ea. No more Min.

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
I raised our minimum charge $20 more, and have been slowly raising our sq. footage prices as well.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
No over the phone pricing. in home pricing only $25.00. Price going up from .65 to. $0.70 for cleaning, $1.01 for Cleaning & Teflon. No Furniture cleaning or moving .I will move one couch . More then that $10.00 ea. No more Min.
Nice Jim and impressive prices.
Just curious:

No over the phone pricing in home pricing only.- Why? Is that due to prices being high which may require the personal touch of in home estimate?

$25.00??

Price going up from .65 to. $0.70 for cleaning, $1.01 for Cleaning & Teflon. That's a very nice price, glad to hear that you can get it.
No Furniture cleaning- If you can get that price for carpet cleaning, how come not for upholstery, or do you just hate cleaning upholster?

No more Min.- Why?

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Fortunatley I live in the microfiber capitol of the world not a lot of real high end stuff, did a couple silk chairs for the mayor.

Seriously I raised my minimum $10, to $85, woohoo, and my per room pricing increased $5.00

Will run a 10 percent off across the board for Jan, feb.
then 10% off on a $100 or more spent for all repeats the rest of the year.
we offer all seniors and military 10 percent off all the time to.

Reactions: Art Kelley

Ron K

Could it possibly be self imposed?
Just always take more time then anticipated. Also TM running to drive a Saphire Upholstery tool ?????
Thinking of maybe just charging an hourly fee for it. I actually enjoy doing it but we may be too @n&l!

Jim Nelson

Name
Jim nelson
Nice Jim and impressive prices.
Just curious:
No over the phone pricing in home pricing only.- Why? Is that due to prices being high which may require the personal touch of in home estimate?
$25.00?? I like to see the job before I commit to it,and know what I'm going to make. I am done with free in home est.$25.00 is to find out who can afford me, If you can not afford 25 for 1 hour of my time and 1 gallon of my gas then you want SS.

Price going up from .65 to. $0.70 for cleaning, $1.01 for Cleaning & Teflon. That's a very nice price, glad to hear that you can get it.
No Furniture cleaning- If you can get that price for carpet cleaning, how come not for upholstery, or do you just hate cleaning upholster?
No more Min.- Why?
All customers have paid .60- .65 a sq for the last 4-5 years. I got tired of giving free est and have been for 30 years. When I went from .50 a sq to .60 I lost a lot of my free est. Now at 64 years old and after 41 years of cleaning I have gotten used to hearing that's a lot. The people who say that cant afford me and I don't miss them. And now on a lot of jobs I think I should have charged more. Now most jobs I clean are clean carpets if they don't have dogs. Most furniture has not been cleaned before it takes time and I never felt it was worth it I made more cleaning carpet and I like cleaning carpet.Now I'm BLESSED all glory goes to God not me. PS the wife is doing my taxes [late] she says I don't think you have made this much before in this quarter. It was hard to past .50 Now there is no looking back. I turn away more jobs then I take. Thanks for asking.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I'm raising mine I have heard far too many times my prices were low from my customers.. :hopeless: Not sure how much they will go up but I just can't continue to take as much work as I do now, after 11 years it's time to weed out the cheap ones! I do an average of 100 jobs a month me and a helper with two vans, or we run together..

Reactions: Art Kelley

Chris A

Name
Chris
$5 a room increase here, nothing major we are in a pretty good spot

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
Here's what we are planning:

2015 2016 FIrst number is 2015, second number is price for 2016
Min. Charge $150 $175
Min Charge in shop $160 $180
1st two rooms $180 $190 (Room is up to 250 sq. ft, 15x16)
Additional Room $ 80 $85
Stairs $5 each same
Landing $20 same
Hall (small) $35 $40
Hall (regular) $55 $60
Hall (large) $70 $75
Scotchgard room $35 $40
Scotchgard stair $4 Same
Maxim room $55 $60
Maxim stair $5 Same

Couch $150 $175 (Haven't raised upholstery prices in 5 years, all upholstery prices include protection)
Love Seat $125 $150
Chair $85 $95
Loose back pillows $20-30 ea. Same
Tile & Grout (sq. ft) $2.00 Same
Sealer (sq. ft) $1.25 Same
Wool area rugs (sq. ft)$3.00 $3.25 (includes protection)
Wool in shop (sq. ft) $3.50 $3.75 (included protection)

Last edited:

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
We will raise prices in April. Let clients know and hope to get some beat the price wnter business.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Upholstery is a huge winner especially with two people. Can't imagine not doing it. I don't generally raise prices based on a date but when the work load is to high and I need to do some culling. I started taking in rugs this year and it really boosted the bottom line for almost no effort. I have a rug cleaning factory down the street that does them for pennies just for the industry. So far the results are excellent.

Reactions: TomKing

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom