24 Dollars To Ship?

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
24 dollars to ship a 3 gallon pump up sprayer and a carpet rake. No wonder I am a BDCCER.

Golden Boy

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Waldo;

Freight can be a significant cost for cleaning supplies.

UPS pays for those TV spots with their rates.

We ship lots of packages & work constantly to minimize costs.

A couple of things to lessen the impact:

1. Make sure you do not pay a large handling charge on top of shipping.

2. If possible, order supplies in large quantities so that they can be shipped by freight carriers (UPS has $6 surcharges for 5-Gal. round pails and long items).

3. Look into free freight offers and combine other items with them.

At the end of year, many of our customers minimize taxes, by stocking up on all expense items, such as chemicals, protectors and supplies.

Larry Cobb

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Larry you did not offer the #1 option. You also did not offer me the # 3 option.

Golden Boy

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Waldo the rake cost as much to ship as it cost to buy. because of the length. We sell t e rake for 17 and it cost 15 to ship. the sprayer would Be about 8 so whoever you bought them from was probably pretty close on the shippping. What they should have told you was you should have bought 4 or 5 rakes as the shippping would have been the same on 5 rakes as it was for 1 but you didn't call me did ya :p

P.S.
Lora sats hi:)

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Larry there is no surcharge on 5 gallon buckets.....IF you put them in a box. Spend $2 and put em in a box and stop charging people $6 because your to cheap to buy a box.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
PS-John dont tell Lora I bought something from Cobb Carpet Supply. I dont want to be in the doghouse.

Golden Boy

Ricky Thurman

Mike-
Must be nice.........not that you don't deserve it!

But I just paid almost $27 to have 5 gallons and 2 quarts shipped from Larry to Me. (100 miles)

oh yeah....and Judson shipped me one case (smaller order..both quantity and $) 1030 miles.....FREE

and of course. the huge boxes I got from greenie and lisa...2 boxes with 2.5" hose...2 boxes of 2" hose...and the extremely long box with my greenhorn. only $60 shipping

When I used to order from Magic Wand, I never paid shipping.....but then again they make up for it with their product prices.

I'm not saying that Larry is stickin to me (I checked it on UPS site and i got a close figure), I'm just pointing out that some suppliers take all or part of the shipping.

harryhides

Name
Tony
What kind of moron would order a pump-up from anywhere?
Do you also order in for garden hose ?

Buy everything you can locally and when you do place an order, order lots !

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
I feel very fortunate to have Modernistic so close to me.......about 12 mi i can get anything i want!

Genie Care DEluxe SuPerClean an' some GC 1300...

WHAAAAAA HOOOOOO...look out Rat Nasty i'm comin' ta GET you!

yes they has sprayers and other what-not as well!

Tom M IS da man!

A BLATANT INFOMERCIAL

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Waldo the rake cost as much to ship as it cost to buy. because of the length

This is true. I usually pay quite a bit more when I have to have 4' aquarium lights shipped. Shipping big items over a certain length is always more. Buy these local.

Albert

G

I order from Great Lakes Steamway!! They are the "BEST" distributor in the business today :D

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
John;

We've tried covering the pails with more expensive UN-rated boxes and UPS still has damaged some of the shipments.

Even tried shipping the powder in a stronger box with liner. Still was not the best solution.

Freight is just less damaging...

Larry

Scott

I've bought every TM we've owned from Great Lakes Steam Way and spend thousands w/them every year on products and service. They're one of the good guys out there.

Garry, the owner, is awesome and we've been good friends since I met him when he bought the place about 10 yrs ago.

One word of warning - if you ask him about handguns, be ready to be engaged in conversation at least 30 minutes, but more like an hour. If you ask him about hunting, plan on an hour plus.

Second word of warning - do NOT ask if Hillary will be the next president unless you like colorful language.

Scott

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Actually Harry I am looking for some garden hose. I bought this pump up sprayer from Larry because the last one I bought from him has lasted me two years. I bought the rake to make sure I got the right one. My dad told me to buy that one from him. I try to purchase products from people who support this board: John and Lora Olson, Larry Cobb, Greenglides, etc. Why do I even read your posts? A guy who had to sell his broke unprofitable carpet cleaning business.

Golden Boy

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom