3 for $99 or EVERYTHING FOR $499

Discussion in 'Lets talk Business!' started by Matt Wood, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Sierra Clean Care
    Sierra Clean Care

Name:
    Jeff T
    Cause I build value into what I do. And I charge for it. The furniture alone would take me between 3-4 hrs. The carpeting probably 2-3, and the tile probably 2-3..... BTW, don’t be angry with me, but your OP sounds ALOT like Vince from Slap-Chop.... what is your target market Matt? What’s your average job ticket? I did 3 today, and average ticket was 375$.... remember this, the bluer the collar on people, the dirtier the carpet/tile/uph, the HARDER YOU HAVE TO WORK FOR LESS MONEY.... more time, Chemicals, fuel, etc.... your profit margin is LESS THAN WITH HIGHER END....
    Donwand likes this.
  2. Matt Wood
    Matt Wood

Name:
    matt wood
    I don’t need a lesson in running my business. But I see how you need to justify your extremely high prices. I don’t see spending that much time cleaning microfiber furniture, ceramic tile, and cheap poly.
  3. Matt Wood
    Matt Wood

Name:
    matt wood
    My original post was humor pointing to my curiosity, wondering if the wealthier areas would be a good testing ground

I wouldn’t advertise that rediculous slogan

The hell if I need a lecture
    Lee Stockwell likes this.
  4. Nomad74
    Nomad74

Supportive Member

Name:
    Damon
    Whats Slap-Chop? Is that a Cabadian thing?
  5. Nomad74
    Nomad74

Supportive Member

Name:
    Damon
    I’m watching the NASCAR Daytona Busch race. Man it’s exciting.
  6. Matt Wood
    Matt Wood

Name:
    matt wood
    And they’re taking another LEFT
  7. Matt Wood
    Matt Wood

Name:
    matt wood
    @ryankettering

What’s your thoughts on this idea? Have you ever made an EDDM mailout in this fashion? Did your customer get good results?
  8. sOOper hero
    sOOper hero

Number 5

Name:
    Larry Capitoni
    the carpet sounds about right for both of you
    (couple hours)
    but one seems fast and the other slow for upl

if both working alone, and common fabric, I'm sure Matt's not vac'ing upl in that time frame
    but 4 hours to do those three pces, I wonder if Jeff is "OCD Warnnerizing" it ?

..L.T.A.
    Matt Wood likes this.
  9. Sierra Clean Care
    Sierra Clean Care

Name:
    Jeff T
    Matt, I know I come off as arrogant, elitist, and condescending. That’s what 18 years of construction has done to me. My job as a foreman/junior superintendent has turned me that way. I ONLY WISH THE BEST FOR YOU. We are all here because we give a shit. If we didn’t, we would all be hanging around some shyte bar, drinking cheap beer, telling the same stories over and over. We here, all desire to be the best at what we do.... that’s why we share ideas, success, and failure.... I feel it’s also our job to help navigate one another from the ‘hack’ pitfalls.... I’m just trying to help man....
  10. jcooper
    jcooper

Name:
    Jerry Cooper
    Bad arse ending!

Guys first win!
    Nomad74 likes this.
  11. Nomad74
    Nomad74

Supportive Member

Name:
    Damon
    No kidding. I was falling off the couch.
  12. Cleanworks
    Cleanworks

Name:
    Ron Marriott
    Good for Eric Jones. I was kinda of rooting for Kasey.
  13. steve_64
    steve_64

I was building a fence and working in the yard after cleaning the dealership carpets.
  14. Mama Fen
    Mama Fen

Name:
    Amy Barnes
    It's a fine line to walk between upselling on a "basic package" and getting a reputation as a bait-n-switch. Pre-walking and setting a reasonable expectation is crucial - telling the custy beforehand that "this spot may not come out with basic cleaning" is professionalism - telling them afterward, it becomes an excuse.

Package deals are a great way to increase average ticket, as long as the package doesn't drop you below an hourly rate that satisfies your business needs. And customers need to know that "packages" don't mean that all extra cleaning steps like filtration lines, urine spots, et al are included. Sometimes they hear the word "package" and think it means EVERYTHING.

EDDM can assist with penetration, provided it's targeting areas that contain a customer base you want. Flooding an area where the average housing is under median won't garner you big tickets... but targeting high-end areas will. Even if your return is on the low side (5%), if your average ticket is high then your investment gets you a profit. The same 5% on a low-paying base is going to take much more work to profit from, if at all.

In this area, if you're not making $150 every time you get in the truck and turn the keys, you're barely breaking even. When guys do an honest cost of doing business breakdown, between maintenance and repairs, fuel, insurance, wages (if they have employees), taxes, consumables, and everything else associated with being a business, they need to be earning at least $120 per hour to pay themselves a livable salary.

And sadly, a lot of them aren't even close.
    Donwand, Matt Wood and Cleanworks like this.
  15. Jimmy L
    Jimmy L

Name:
    Jimmy L
    So defensive ...........lighten up