360i arrival

just got my new 360i in today, comes in a oversized box if you ask me, but anyways been hearing good reviews about this rotary so went ahead and purchased it. have 2 jobs tomorrow can't wait to bring it out for semi-trashed carpet,using 02 with 02 rinse for this cleaning.any tips about using it- what setting for cgd? is there a perfect medium for nylon resi?

Brett

Mikey told me to replace the 1 1/2 flex hose at the base that the site tube goes into with 2 inch. I told him my new one already had it, but I was wrong. It's still 1 1/2. I'll be replacing mine. I ran mine on full speed at about 250 psi for low cut plush. Worked great. I made about 3 wet passes, then about 3 dry. That site tube shows you when most the moisture is removed. Pulled up a lot of dog hair and fine dirt that my aw29 didn't remove when I cleaned my own carpets 3 weeks earlier. Rotovac suggests you slow down the rpm for your dry pass, you might try that. Don't forget to spray some teflon on the felt seal.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Brett said:
Mikey told me to replace the 1 1/2 flex hose at the base that the site tube goes into with 2 inch. I told him my new one already had it, but I was wrong. It's still 1 1/2. I'll be replacing mine. I ran mine on full speed at about 250 psi for low cut plush. Worked great. I made about 3 wet passes, then about 3 dry. That site tube shows you when most the moisture is removed. Pulled up a lot of dog hair and fine dirt that my aw29 didn't remove when I cleaned my own carpets 3 weeks earlier. Rotovac suggests you slow down the rpm for your dry pass, you might try that. Don't forget to spray some teflon on the felt seal.

A good prevac and you never would have had to worry about it with your AW29

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Brett said:
Worked great. I made about 3 wet passes, then about 3 dry. That site tube shows you when most the moisture is removed. .

So the damn thing rotates a few zillion rpm and you still need to do three wet passes and three dry passes!

Am I missing something here?

Name
Nate W.
kolfer1 said:
Brett said:
Worked great. I made about 3 wet passes, then about 3 dry. That site tube shows you when most the moisture is removed. .

So the damn thing rotates a few zillion rpm and you still need to do three wet passes and three dry passes!

Am I missing something here?

Noob. He will find his groove!

Brett

It was my first day using it. Playing with the pressure, speed, flow valve, getting use to the machine. Rotovac suggests doing a 4 ft square area wet with a 50 percent over lap then go back and dry. That's basically one pass each direction then dry the same way. A lot quicker than what I was doing. Ron, I could be wrong, but I think the 39 lb weight of the machine spreading the fibers, spinning at 200 rpm, spraying, flushing, and vacuuming all at the same time while utilizing a strong porty set up or tm that has more vacuum power than your vacuum cleaner will ever have will clean deeper and better than your style of cleaning. But it can certainly be tested side by side.

TimP

Brett said:
It was my first day using it. Playing with the pressure, speed, flow valve, getting use to the machine. Rotovac suggests doing a 4 ft square area wet with a 50 percent over lap then go back and dry. That's basically one pass each direction then dry the same way. A lot quicker than what I was doing. Ron, I could be wrong, but I think the 49 lb weight of the machine spreading the fibers, spinning at 200 rpm, spraying, flushing, and vacuuming all at the same time while utilizing a strong porty set up or tm that has more vacuum power than your vacuum cleaner will ever have will clean deeper and better than your style of cleaning. But it can certainly be tested side by side.

Amen

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
thats the assumption that keeps selling the machines.
I guess the 360 must suck up a wet hair better than any wand even though it has the same or less vacuum (3 large slots vs holes or hybrid holes)
I've got a heavier RX 20 that no one wants to buy, if rotaries are so great you'd think someone would want it.
I stopped using it because it didn't clean as well as or as fast as with the wand, plus the swirls were harder to groom out and they hid spots that didn't come out.

Name
Nate W.
Ron Werner said:
thats the assumption that keeps selling the machines.
I guess the 360 must suck up a wet hair better than any wand even though it has the same or less vacuum (3 large slots vs holes or hybrid holes)
I've got a heavier RX 20 that no one wants to buy, if rotaries are so great you'd think someone would want it.
I stopped using it because it didn't clean as well as or as fast as with the wand, plus the swirls were harder to groom out and they hid spots that didn't come out.

A nap brush works well to get out swirl marks. As for getting out hair, it does a hell of a job. If you really think your vacuum and wand gets more hair out then a vacuum and RV360, you should actually use it before assuming it. My PCTI with a Hybrid glide doesn't ball up hair like my OG RV360 does.

Brett

I think it's hard to compare the heavier RX and different head design to the 360. The results won't be the same. I left my swirl marks to see how long they would last and after walking on the carpet for a few days they are all gone, and I haven't even run my vacuum over it yet. Someday I'll clean with the 360 followed by the glided wand, then the wand followed by 360 in different area and change filters each time to see what cleans the deepest.

TimP

Mikey P said:
Ron the 360i sucks up hair and sand better than a glided wand ever could.

Amen

Ron is sounding delusional about his rotary to me. There is no way a glided wand cleans better than a rotary extractor. Just the fact that you chop stroke the whole room with weight and metal makes a huge difference in cleaning.

richard

Name
Richard Weedman
In tight rooms or a lot of obsticals a wand is easier to handle. I think the handles are too wide on the 360. But on larger rooms or vacant homes it takes a lot of the labor out of it. On filthy carpet you could chop all day long and not get as good results.
It really digs up crap no vac can get. Need a filter. First job I did that had pets, customer vacuumed then I vacuumed. I dumped a litter of puppies out of my waste tank.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
TimP said:
Mikey P said:

Amen

Ron is sounding delusional about his rotary to me. There is no way a glided wand cleans better than a rotary extractor. Just the fact that you chop stroke the whole room with weight and metal makes a huge difference in cleaning.

You & Mike sound like ...CHEM DRI.. EnThusIsT..."jus sayin".... :lol:

Mike Draper

rotovac is pretty much a waste of time on almost all cgd. cgd squares are the only thing i use it on. zipper jr all the way for cgd.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Mikey P said:
I don't use my glided wand to pick up hair and sand. That's the whole point.

BTW, watching the greenhorn work today, nice slow pulls, the hot water heating the tube up enough to make my hand feel like its burning, got me thinking about the speed of the passes. A slow pass with suck up more water than a fast pass. The whole point behind using high flow and a slow pass was to prevent having to make many passes thus over wetting the carpet. The rotaries make many passes at 250psi and at a fair speed. What size jets? 250psi with a wand is just pissing on the carpet, barely gets the top wet.
And I need to bring in my wand anyway to cut into the corners. I remember when was using my RX20 that for many times it was just as easy and faster to wand a room than rotary it.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
What sucks up more water?

A slow pull?
or a hundred quick passes?

Not sure it matters.

I think a mechanical type cleaner can be good when a ton of scrubbing would be involved. If it's an average dirty home, a wand would be the way to go.
A dirty rest would be better to have the RV...if it is as good as they say.

It's just common sense in the "work smarter not harder" approach
If you don't believe in that approach then there will be no convincing you.

It's like using a paint brush or a roller....or a roller OR a sprayer

Sometimes you need one...other times you don't.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Ron,

Look at this logically. Which is going to clean better. Prevac, pre spot, prespray, agitate, dwell, RINSE. Or Prevac, pre spot, prespray, dwell, rinse & agitate. Unless you're using an EMULSIFYING RINSE, your cleaning ability is nearly done once you start rinsing the carpet with a slow forward and back stroke. You're simply rinsing everything you suspended. With RV360(i), you get agitation as you're extracting. There are layers and layers of dirt, and they don't come out with a scrub and stroke of the wand. No matter how much you prescrub. The RV360 flushes, and agitates each layer of dirt as you extract. You could go in with a portable after either, reclean and still pull soil out. There are times when a wand is sufficient as Corky was eluding to.

Chads

Supportive Member
I think one of the big things is Brett sounded like he said he dosent vacumm and his rotovac pulls out more hair that ron does with his vacumm, all i can say is once you get animal hair wet it dosent like to suck up, even with a rotary machine, but using a rotary and vacuming and pretreating is the way to go, and you can even go one step further with Prevacuming, prespraying, aggitation with dual cylinder brush(like a host,sebo,or witaker,)then scrubb with rotary, post pad, groom and fan dry.

Brett

I ran my sebo vac with just an up and down pass before I used the 360. Normally if I'm using the glided wand I make more passes, 3-6, but I hate to do 8-12. I use my duo sebo to dig up hair, but it is a lite weight machine. I have used my rigid shop vac with crevice tool, side to side, to dig out sand and hair and it works probably as good as anything else. Short hallways, where dogs lie etc. It pulls more than my upright vac and is faster than doing 8-12 passes.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Rarely do I need 8-12passes. One good pass, a little overlap, maybe a crosspass, gets most hair and sand out.
If your shopvac is picking up more than your sebo, I'd be ditching the sebo. Do something to it. That's embarrassing. Maybe change the brush, that makes a huge difference.
For the really nasties, like I cleaned yesterday, I've a Whittaker that scrubs up nicely.

Mike Draper

Ron, dont be such a pussy! Just try the RV-360 out and quit yer bitchhhin. You can send the dang thing back if ya dont want it. It has it's place. Believe me, I have a Ti wand 12 flow, a Zipper Jr. 15 flow, a prochem procaps, a small scrubber like yours, a cimex, I vac the shit out of everything and use 2.5" hose except for a 20' whip. The rv will do its job where its necessary better than anything else and until you give it an honest go on multiple jobs you truly wont know that it will out clean your wand.

Brett

Lay off poor Ron. He has shown great love and concern over the failing health of my Sebo. The rest of you haven't.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom