360i-I am not sure

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
I bought a new 360i and am not sure it fits into my cleaning approach. I crb everything and wand rinse. Commercial, i 175 scrub and wand rinse or zipper. So far I have tried it on residential with the brush head. It works fine and flushes great but seems to pull the carpet around. Maybe it is that I am set in my ways. I find it more work then my old tried and true methods.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Definitely not for everyday cleaning and I don't find it easier on the body than a wand.
As others said- great for trashed, soil saturated carpets and Sam nailed it.

I do not have problems with the brush head leaving swirl marks, but I use Teflon glides.
When I used the metal shoes, no brush and high temp, it did.

Reactions: Lint Basket

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
So far, I have only used house hot water with the Ranger and 360i.

Teflon glide head and brush head, both have given me outstanding results; far better than wanding and I got good results wanding.

The swirl marks have not been anything like the problem I feared. Probably becaue the water is hot enough to rinse, but not hot enough to set the fiber. They all groom right out.

Maybe the problems being described come from the water being boiling hot and above.

Last edited:
Reactions: GeeeAus and SamIam

Mikey P

Administrator
nuff' said...

tt.jpg

Reactions: GeeeAus

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Nancy's....

Says the old man who can't swing a devastor wand with his 370 because it's to heavy.

It's actually easier to use a RE on jobs just not necessary.

Seriously it does the hard labor.

How You feeling after that whole house of furniture moving?

Reactions: hogjowl

steve_64

Stretch marks? :hopeless:

You mean the one that swelled then went back down like they all do?
Man, I feel carpet get pretty loose just using a wand. I'm afraid to put weight and that rotation on it too.

But it would be nice to be able change up the muscles I'm using all day.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Steve, it seems likely that wanding would be more likely to stretch carpet (if at all).
The reason why is that you have a hot, tugging force being applied on the same axis, over and over. The cumulative effect could be a stretch along that axis.

A rotary would not do that. As it turns, it applies the same pull and push at any instant, in opposite directions. The stresses would cancel and of course, from all directions simultaneously.

What do you think?

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Man, I feel carpet get pretty loose just using a wand. I'm afraid to put weight and that rotation on it too.

But it would be nice to be able change up the muscles I'm using all day.

Obviously there are some carpets a RE you don't use it on! Loose carpets! But as long as there's no mounds in the floor or speed bumps your cool.

Reactions: steve_64

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Steve, it seems likely that wanding would be more likely to stretch carpet (if at all).
The reason why is that you have a hot, tugging force being applied on the same axis, over and over. The cumulative effect could be a stretch along that axis.

A rotary would not do that. As it turns, it applies the same pull and push at any instant, in opposite directions. The stresses would cancel and of course, from all directions simultaneously.

What do you think?

If it's loose the RE will push and pull it more.

The RE is a lot more aggressive.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
If it's loose the RE will push and pull it more.

The RE is a lot more aggressive.

Has this been your actual experience Sam? I have only used mine for a little while and have not tried it on a floppy carpet yet.

On area rugs, it seems to be gentler as long as I am careful with edges.

Reactions: SamIam

wilpath

nobody is saying it a terrible tool, sell it to him for what you paid for it. it just that some tools are touted as the best thing since slice bread and there are a few honest ones here that say it anit so.........

Mikey P

Administrator
nobody is saying it a terrible tool, sell it to him for what you paid for it. it just that some tools are touted as the best thing since slice bread and there are a few honest ones here that say it anit so.........

It's better than sliced bread.

A few here should only be trusted with butter knives.

As for the HOSS, it's still an excellent RE but it's day in the sun ended when the RV Brush Heads came out.

Reactions: Papa John
Name
Nate W.
There are learning curves to any tool... If you only use it a few times and base your judgment off that then it's not a fair judgment.. Some people are just stuck in their ways of doing things..

It's not a bad tool, just not a tool for your style of cleaning..

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Surely that's a business opportunity- unstick those who are stuck in their way.

It is true though, Nate, it takes time to get used to any new tool and there's a learning curve.
There's also those who seem to be reluctant to admit that a certain tool, is not always necessary. The same "stuckness" in reverse.

The 360i is a good tool that in most carpet cleaning situations is not necessary. Unless one specializes in trashed carpets or uses it as a marketing tool, which is a different decision. And while one uses it as a marketing tool, they should also consider applying the same marketing vigor towards acquiring different clients :winky:.

Mikey P

Administrator
My guys use a RE about 15 % of the time. We have the power that let's us cheat and we have customers who can afford .60 a foot

Here in NV I'm using it 50% or more. Worse clients, more dirt, less power.

Once Ofer moves out of the concrete jungle he too will be needing the RE much more. John than can sell it back to him for 20% more, some weed and a my little pony trophy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom