370 questions..

Able 1

Name
Keith
Well I think that's what this is..
1466014232678.jpg

The problems my friend is having are:
1. The water box is over filling. He hooks up directly with a hose. He has turned down the pressure but if it's more then a trickle it over fills and sometimes still over fills.

2. The pressure drops from 2,500 psi to 1,400 when triggered(he does concrete work).

3. The heat is the same on the medium setting as high. I can move the bimba with my hands (unit has around 900 hours)

I'm trying to get him running asap since he is working out of state next week.

Last edited:
Name
Nate W.
I've read about @Jim Martin SS570 and he used a pressure reducer thingy to keep the incoming water at 45psi I believe... They sell it at the RV store... I don't own one a SS370.... And we don't have RV's here.... I'm like a sponge when you guys talk about stuff I know nothing about...

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
should be some type of float valve in the water box. Might be adjustable or need to be replaced. Seems a common problem on Sapphire units. The unit will only provide 2500 psi at a certain flow rate. Maybe his jets are too big or worn. There is only some much heat available.

Reactions: Able 1
Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
A 370?, not at 2,500 psi. Gotta be some SS made to order for the New Testament tile folks, who just luv to quote
scripture on equipment. Sounds (?) like a temp sensor issue, an incoming pressure regulator issue and the pressure
drop perhaps needs a shop with a skilled mechanic. Not holding pressure could mean oh, about 3 or 4 major reasons.
A machine with 900 hrs, in warranty/out of warranty? Tell your friend to slow down and get his machine in order and
then go out to conquer the world.....with the Lord at his side.....

J

JS41035

Clean every filter. Especially the filter on the low pressure return to the pump
Lube the stem on the regulator. Make sure the nut is tight.
Make sure that the bypass orifice is not loose. If the orifice is to big or has backed out it will destroy pump volume.
The heat might be fine. My 870 is close to the same on Med or high.
If you still have problems then start looking at pump internals. Probably just packings.
But rule out simple and stupid stuff first.
Water box problems might be the cap. It also might be that you have the regulator misadjusted or it is defective.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Ok, yes it's a 2500hs..

I'm sure he has never lubed the stem on the regulator. I tried to get it out no luck..:eekk:

The bimba moves only in low and medium, bad ground?

Reactions: SamIam

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I own the same machine and he needs to do a valve adjustment on the heads as soon as possible.

The 2500 psi issue has to be a jet/regulator/pump related issues. Check gallons per minute in a bucket test a manufactures published rate. Ensure regulator is not over bypassing, check internals for pitting on that regulator, a regulator that has been working at those high psi levels for sure had wear.

Also tell him to bucket test his turbo tools against manufactures published flow rate. 55 gallon test.

On the thermal well, I haven't had an issue but I do believe Jim Martin had a similar issue but he doesn't visit these them parts of the world anymore(he is now a happy person). I will call and ask him.

Able 1

Name
Keith
It doesn't drop much pressure at lower psi, I could only get it to 2000psi and it dropped to 1500 with my turbo (not used a ton in its life)
. I'm thinking regulator..

SamIam

Name
sam miller
There's a pressure regulator in the front that might need adjusting or a new radiator cap for the water box.

Ps the machine is only spec to go to 1500 psi max.

Right on the front of the pressure regulator it says chem pump 1500 max. There's no bypassing this so if he's cranking it up that high that's bad for the machine and is dangerous.

May need to be descaled also if you flow a ton of water it's not going to maintains 240.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I'm going with 2500 does the leak come from the water box out the top of something looking like a radiator cap???

Usually they'll run a hose out the top of that and put a hole in the bottom of the truck to allow it to drain outside the truck.

But ya the pressure regulator on the near where you hook up the water inside the frame can be adjusted it may fix your problem.

The wanky water pressure I'm not sure about why it would drop so much tip opening? Belt slippage? Just guesses

Rick A

Name
Rick
Well I think that's what this is..
View attachment 15393
The problems my friend is having are:
1. The water box is over filling. He hooks up directly with a hose. He has turned down the pressure but if it's more then a trickle it over fills and sometimes still over fills.

2. The pressure drops from 2,500 psi to 1,400 when triggered(he does concrete work).

3. The heat is the same on the medium setting as high. I can move the bimba with my hands (unit has around 900 hours)

I'm trying to get him running asap since he is working out of state next week.
Abel have your friend call me directly. We will get this figured out.
360-770-1428.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom