3ht question

davep105

Name
Dave Pires
I have a brand new little giant 3ht that I am running with my truck mount. The thermostat seems to be clicking on and off fine at first. After running for about 10 or 20 minutes the flame goes out? Not sure if the wind is putting it out or not. Or it has something to do with the thermostat? Thanks for any info.

RichardnTn

If the thermostat is working it will control the burner while it is working...by turning it where it turns the flame off and on, then it should be okay.... Thermocouple could be causing it or the wind blowing the pilot out.... Hope ya get it....Richard R

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
It all depends upon where they're located. It's not uncommon for people to install them next to a door, so that they don't have to reach in far, to light the pilot, etc. The front of LG's is pretty open directly in front of the pilot orifice (i.e. the flame). So, if it's near the door, and there is a lot of wind at the same time, it may be enough to blow it out.

It's more of a concern as the heater gets older and the pilot gets smaller. The pilot can be turned up and the pilot jet can be cleaned in order to offset that possibility. But turning the pilot up too high will generate enough heat to cause the heater to be hotter than expected.

A simpler remedy would be to locate the heater further from the door... or make a wind shield out of sheet metal...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom