4-2door

scotty747

have alot of xtra 2in hose so i thought id try four to the door. picked up everything at a local pipe-hose shop for 45.00 bucks. How long should i run the first two hoses? i have seen pics from 50ft to just a few feet. its on a 20horse onan with a #4 blower. thanks

TimP

scotty747 said:
have alot of xtra 2in hose so i thought id try four to the door. picked up everything at a local pipe-hose shop for 45.00 bucks. How long should i run the first two hoses? i have seen pics from 50ft to just a few feet. its on a 20horse onan with a #4 blower. thanks

As long as you like. The short pieces you see usually go to a 2x2 y that splits to a 2.5 hose then reduced back down to 2" at the wand.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Contact James Cooper ....He is the 4 to the door "GURU" :lol: :lol:

Don't worry he should be here in ....2.5....minutes :wink: :wink: :wink:

let the games begin................

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
HARPER said:
Contact James Cooper ....He is the 4 to the door "GURU" :lol: :lol:

Don't worry he should be here in ....2.5....minutes :wink: :wink: :wink:

let the games begin................

Honestly, I'm interested in his findings along with protocol used

IF he ever gets around to it.

Yo Coop....where's the beef, man?
You were dogging some of my friends pretty hard based on your speculation.
You told us you'd personally evaluate the differences .
I trust "you" to be honest with your "personal" findings.

so didya get some 2.5 hose yet?

..L.T.A.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
mine is set up for long and short runs.........

Pulling off my reel is a 15 foot hose that I carry in and set at my longest point

then I have a 50 foot that I pull in from there....

next off the roll is 2....25 foot lengths hooked together ..If I can make it to the end of my 50 foot that I just laid out with the Y on it I will break it there and hook up the other 25 foot...If not then I will leave it together and pull it as a 50 foot and hook it to the Y and then just pull off another 50

They say the closer you can get the Y to the door the better ..But to be honest....I have tested this theory 10 different directions and just cant see that big of a difference....not enough to justify pulling out 50 foot of extra hose just to be able to move the Y 10 foot closer to the door...........

and when I get the large homes like today and one on Monday where I need damn near every inch of my hose to reach the house I just Y it at the truck......

IMG_3798.jpg

G

The easiest way is 50ft,that usually will get you to the door(80% of the time)and most hose lenths are bought in 50.

Fiddy

Mike Draper

That seems like it would take about FIDDY percent more time than running a single hose out of your truck. 4-2 the door = poor mans excuse for not buying quality 2.5" hose! CHEAP BASTARDS!

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
once you get your system down it takes just seconds to set up and break down.....

The space on my reel is more important to me that a few seconds of set up.....

Able 1

Name
Keith
I use to go through blower belts about every 4-6 months.... Since opening up the plumbing I haven't had to replace any(about 8 months now and they still look great).

Either way you do it works great, 4 to the door or the 2.5 hose. Just try one or the other cause the difference is crazy!

I like the 2.5 myself, and I'm kind of lazy about hoses...

Name
Nate W.
I will be running 4-2door when I get the machine installed into a van. 2.5" hose is expensive to ship and since I already have abunch of 2" and a Y, only makes sense. Keep more hose on the reel for emergencies. I will possibly run 2.5" in the future when I get tired of setting up 4-2door. :lol:

While I was at Myteefest, that 2.5" is some big :shock: hose.

G

Mike Draper said:
That seems like it would take about FIDDY percent more time than running a single hose out of your truck. 4-2 the door = poor mans excuse for not buying quality 2.5" hose! CHEAP BASTARDS!
Hey,wet behind the ears,so you really think it is easier?we already know it is not a "more air flow" thing,so,what happens when your hose run changes?do you take the 50ft of 2 1/2 off, set it to the side get more 2"?ya that sounds like a lot less work.You sure you are not a Foster?Say hi to Barb for me(I mean dad).

Mike Draper

It's ok kevin, I can understand that you are frustrated. Maybe it's because you've been in the business 20 years now and you still can't afford 2.5" hose. I carry 150" of 2.5 and another 50 of 2". I only need more 2-3" a year.

we already know it is not a "more air flow" thing,
Where are the numebers KEVIN! You said you wold do the testing and prove that there is not more airflow in 2.5? We are waiting!

G

Mike Draper said:
It's ok kevin, I can understand that you are frustrated. Maybe it's because you've been in the business 20 years now and you still can't afford 2.5" hose. I carry 150" of 2.5 and another 50 of 2". I only need more 2-3" a year.

we already know it is not a "more air flow" thing,
Where are the numebers KEVIN! You said you wold do the testing and prove that there is not more airflow in 2.5? We are waiting!
Did your Mom take you off the Riddalin?Your not focused,Cooper said he would test,and simple math tells me 2, 2" is more area then 1, 2 1/2,and this is about to the door not the back of the house :roll: As far as affording it,when I feel the need I "can" buy it,but it sure would be easier if I was still living at home right? :wink: Again,please say hi to Barb for me.Thanks

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Your best setup would be 2 -50' sections of 2" hose, into a 2" X 2" X 2.5" Y, and then 2.5" from there, until you get to the wand, where you step down the 2.5" to a 20'-30' 2" whip.

G

regardless of what setup you use , its still no substitute for dry strokes .

I have 2.5 setup on my Butler , but I have yet to do any testing . But from personal observations I can tell you this.

It did allow the rpms on the Butler to decrease a bit.

But on the Vortex I noticed no improvements in performance. And agian , dry strokes will always be the key regardless of your setup .

Mike Draper

James Cooper said:
regardless of what setup you use , its still no substitute for dry strokes .

I have 2.5 setup on my Butler , but I have yet to do any testing . But from personal observations I can tell you this.

It did allow the rpms on the Butler to decrease a bit.

But on the Vortex I noticed no improvements in performance. And agian , dry strokes will always be the key regardless of your setup .

You "noticed", or you did actual testing with instruments and there was no performance difference?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom