4-inches of water and way too much contents....WAY TOO MUCH!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
They had a water loss Wednesday night, new hot water installed the day before and a faulty valve dumped tons of water. Four inches of standing water when we go there and contents from end to end and no where to go with the stuff, so we are in our second day of packing and sorting and tossing. Hopefully we can get to the structure later today or tomorrow. Carpet, drywall and paneling all need to be removed still.

You never know what you're going to find! ;)

2013-01-16_20-03-39_760.jpg

2013-01-16_19-55-12_149.jpg

2013-01-16_19-53-03_309.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Connor

Name
Connor
Is it the T&P valve that you speak of?

You're welcome.

For best results, those things really need to be piped to the outside. When I was in a continuing ed class a few years ago that said the code was amended and they didn't have to be piped to the outside anymore, but could just discharge to the floor as long as the discharge water would not cause harm to persons. I asked why they changed the code to such a minimum and they said it was "flooring industry lobbyist" that did it.

Late at night, after everybody has gone to bed, the water pressure spikes because the demand has decreased and pressure builds. This is when most people hear the "pop" of their aged water heaters giving way or they hear the hiss of the T&P opening.

I encountered a loss of similar pack-rat-itude. The restoration company that I called for the homeowner just got a roll off container and junked most everything. There were valley pathways between mountains of stuff that was just piled and piled.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We consider a roll off but really the stuff isn't as bad as it looks. She is a seamstress and most of it undamaged fabric, even of that some of the wet stuff can be dried and then decisions can be made. The panel, drywall and carpet will be bagged and our usual hauler to dispose of. Lots of questionable stuff, divan's wet at bottom only but older, hidebed that could be salvaged but mattress wet. Lots of clothing too, wet but ruined? Not really. Most will be dried and decided on next week when they send and adjuster down.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I had a job like that once..... but it was 10" of poo water instead. After shifting the the dry/undamaged stuff onto other undamaged stuff to get to the damage/non-salv stuff. We had over 57 hours of just content manipulation.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yea you know how bad these are. This one is worse than most because there is no drain in the floor. They use a pump for the ac condensate line. How can they have no drain Connor?

No where to go with the stuff and everything will need demo'd, paneling is water stained 6-inches up and carpet and drywall need to come out, nothing to do but get all the contents up and out. We will probably have 100 man hours before we even start the demo.

Connor

Name
Connor
Yea you know how bad these are. This one is worse than most because there is no drain in the floor. They use a pump for the ac condensate line. How can they have no drain Connor?

How, indeed. If there is no way to have it purge via gravity, then it's possible to pipe it upstream, if certain conditions are met. OF course, installing it in a pan and a WAGS valve would have minimized the loss, but then you'd be outta money.

Luis Gomez

Name
Luis Gomez
We use simbility for Farmers water jobs only. I don't do water, only fires and pack-outs. Last week we
had two adjusters ask us to change the estimates from xactimate to simbility on the pack outs, both
estimates where higher on simbility because labor was higher on simbility. I usually do not type estimates
just review them, so I don't have a preference. The learning curve for simbility in the office was very
fast for all the people that type estimates.
Luis

Reactions: Hoody and tmdry

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
We use simbility for Farmers water jobs only. I don't do water, only fires and pack-outs. Last week we
had two adjusters ask us to change the estimates from xactimate to simbility on the pack outs, both
estimates where higher on simbility because labor was higher on simbility. I usually do not type estimates
just review them, so I don't have a preference. The learning curve for simbility in the office was very
fast for all the people that type estimates.
Luis

Luis,

Are you guys a PSP for Farmers or any other programs?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom