4 to door or 5?

jeremy parr

Name
Jeremy Parr
No worries about the cold, I live in SoCal, even the “cold weather “ here is only in the 40’s. @sOOper hero , never took a meter with me, don’t bunch up my hose, and the wand whistle is a lot louder with the larger hose, I notice the difference when I run straight 2 vs 2.5 reduced to 2, so did my customers that I’ve been cleaning the same house for at multiple homes.

steve_64

Hard to do that when the weather gets cold up here. You have to work fast at your set up and that 2.5 gets very stiff and hard to handle. Long hose runs in commercial I can see but residential no.
And most commercial dry times aren't a big concern.

2 inch all the way but I am running an inch n a half whip now sometimes too.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Lmao, 25 foot sections.

my trucks are set up the first 100 feet of 2 inch and all the 2.5 is broken into 25-foot sections..I carry about 75 feet on the big truck and 50 feet on the smaller one......there is no need having a bunch of hose that you do not need laying all over the place.....if that 25 foot section is all you need to complete your run...then it makes no sense at all to lay out more hose....your still getting the same performance...you start adding more 2.5 as needed to complete the longer runs...

jeremy parr

Name
Jeremy Parr
my trucks are set up the first 100 feet of 2 inch and all the 2.5 is broken into 25-foot sections..I carry about 75 feet on the big truck and 50 feet on the smaller one......there is no need having a bunch of hose that you do not need laying all over the place.....if that 25 foot section is all you need to complete your run...then it makes no sense at all to lay out more hose....your still getting the same performance...you start adding more 2.5 as needed to complete the longer runs...
I’m pretty much doing the same thing, just reversed, 50 of 2.5 to start , then 2 the rest of the way, got a short section of 2 in that I swap out for middle size runs.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I wish you guys would stop referring to the 2, 2" hoses being called 4 to the door. That's the stupidest setup, and it's a waste of time. Just keep your wand locked on the carpet for more lift to carry that water back to the TM WITHOUT ANY PAINT FILTERS. Let the basket do it's job. Your suction will remain stronger for a longer period of time. The sand will go through the basket and fall to the bottom of the tank, taking longer for the basket to fill up.

Now, back to the hoses. Time is money. Either run one 2" hose or ONE 2.5" hose, depending on the blower size. NO MORE. Just get the job done.

for years, I tried to overthink this job. Wasted a lot of time, AND MONEY, experimenting with all the tricks and SECRETS, of our trade. The jobs took longer, and profit was down.

Find your groove, and stay with it. Is the carpet coming clean? Are your dry times under 8hrs? Good. That's all you need.

And get out of the stupid 4 to the door idea.

I was at 8 hours with a porty you may need to rethink it!

8 hours hahahahahaha

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
@Nomad74 just curious, what does that bad 870 pull on the vacuum gauge with no hose attached full throttle?
I don't know. I never really looked. If you really want to know i'll make a video for you tomorrow, but it will have to be after I mow my lawns. :) I might make a video of that also for you.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
I don't know. I never really looked. If you really want to know i'll make a video for you tomorrow, but it will have to be after I mow my lawns. :) I might make a video of that also for you.
I only run a 36 blower and it pulls almost 2" on full throttle with no hose, and just over 5" with 100ft of 2" and and wand attached. I'm just curious of the larger blowers as to how much restriction they have

Reactions: Nomad74

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
I wish you guys would stop referring to the 2, 2" hoses being called 4 to the door. That's the stupidest setup, and it's a waste of time. Just keep your wand locked on the carpet ...
And get out of the stupid 4 to the door idea.

How about “three to the pee?”

Two to the poo?

Reactions: BIG WOOD

steve_64

He’s right I’m totally not concerned when I’m dropping 7 fans hahahaha
I'm just saying its not the same as having someone walking on it as your cleaning. Just has to be dry by the morning usually.

Reactions: SamIam
Back
Top Bottom