4 to the door

bmas

Could someone please explain what exactly 4 to the door consist of and how you set it up. I am sorry for my ignorance but I have been seeing it on the boards and I would like some more info.
Thanks for any imput
Bmas

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
2 2 inch hoses leading to the house then connecting to 1 2.5in hose or 1-2 inch hose

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
IMG_3305.jpg

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Steve Lillard said:
Its just Bullent board BS!

most things are....... but in this case opening up that filter and running 4/2 the door is worth the effort for better performance......

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
it in effect moves your truck to the front door of the house, or how ever long your 4x2" syst runs. There is no restriction in airflow past the Y.
I found when I ran my 50footer of 3", and now I get the same results with the 2.5", that its like using only 50ft of 2" all the time.
The beauty of the 2.5" is that I can carry 250ft of it, be out 300ft with the 50ft 2" whip, and its still like having just the 50ft of 2".
Max vacuum delivered directly to the floor.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
so which Wye is better.......the one on the right or the one on the left..............

or does it even make a difference....

pipe-wye2.jpg

Chris A

Name
Chris
Definitely the one to the right, the vac will take the path of least resistance, so you won't get your full potential out of the Y on the left. 4 to the door is a great inexpensive way to test out your machines true performance. I was amazed at the difference.

Greenie

On a 6008 blower, if you think 4 to the door is an improvement, you would flip out on the 2.5" Vanifold, even slot glides are not an option.....plus you just pull and go with a single 2.5" Hose like Ron (Happy) above, none of that two hose business.

btw: the 2.5" Converted pool filter HOWLS!

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I've seen figures measuring the air flow when changing from a single 2" hose to the four to the door concept. It is like taking more than 50" off your hose run. (!50' of 4 to the door moved more air than 100' of 2' hose.)

Runnning two hoses in parrellel and using smooth bore hose is one of th best improvements you can make to your truck for the money. Less than $1,000 worth of smmoth hose, Cool Cuffs and a "Y" will give similar reults to spending thousands on a larger truckmount or vacuum blower.

Once you have the improved vacuum, you can also increase your water flow, flush the carpets, get them drier and cleaner.

Scott Warrington

Rex Tyus

scottw said:
I've seen figures measuring the air flow when changing from a single 2" hose to the four to the door concept. It is like taking more than 50" off your hose run. (!50' of 4 to the door moved more air than 100' of 2' hose.)

Runnning two hoses in parrellel and using smooth bore hose is one of th best improvements you can make to your truck for the money. Less than $1,000 worth of smmoth hose, Cool Cuffs and a "Y" will give similar reults to spending thousands on a larger truckmount or vacuum blower.

Once you have the improved vacuum, you can also increase your water flow, flush the carpets, get them drier and cleaner.

Scott Warrington

EXACTLY! I however prefer the 2.5" conversion. Much easier to manipulate. Plus you can run 2.5" all the way inside and use a 2" whip if you really want the wand to experience the THUMP factor. :D

TimP

I've been playing with 4 to the door doing some large CGD jobs lately. Even with just 1 length of 4 to the door at the end of 150' additional of just 2 inch making 200 the wand can and usually does stick better than 100 ft of 2 inch. Most people have a sharp plastic 90 like on my cds tank and it's a huge restriction. I'm seriously thinking about upgrading soon to 2.5 hose but I'm being a cheap ass right now. I think for those who don't want a 2.5 port or run 2.5 hose (for either management reasons or aggrivation etc.), a better tank port would make a world of difference. A thin nice large sweeping 2" elbow on a tank would do enough for most people IMO. However for long hose runs 2.5 is the way to go. I think this would be a good item for those who don't like 2.5 hose. So there could be a good market for it Greenie!

Rex Tyus

MerCrewser said:

Yes. I typically run 75 to 100 ft of 2.5" then use a 12 ft section of flexable 2" hose from Greenie as a "whip" for lack of a better description.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom