47 blower question

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I have a 22hp kohler and was wondering if it would turn a 47 blower at 2600 rpms. That is how fast my pto runs it now. A kohler costs a lot less to maintain. I'm replacing 1 hose this weekend for the heat exchanger $290 and a lot of pita work.

Thank You

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
if it were me, I'd gear it (pulley size) so the that the engine runs closer to peak RPM so you're getting peak HP from the Kohler

I'm not sure what the HP/torque curve is on the Kohler , but 2600 rpm might not be giving you all 22 ponies

..L.T.A.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
My pto turns it at 2600 all the up now so if I can get that or a little more I will be happy untill I replace it with a 27 hp and crank it up.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
If your running 1:1 ratio, go ahead and run the Kohler faster(say 2800 or 2900). My bet is you'll do fine and love the extra vac you get, but keep in mind it will be louder.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
The 45 that is on the 22hp now is loud. It sounds like loud winding noise.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Make sure it has oil and grease.

Make sure the silencer is on tight, and not leaking between blower. The blower exhaust is LOUD without a proper silencer.

A week after 9-11-01 I was cleaning the international dorm (Woods Hall) at Murray State University on the end of 300' of vacuum hose, when I heard what could be described as a LOUD air raid siren.

I ran as fast as I could back to the truck (I could then), and was horrified that the noise was coming from MY truck and echoing like crazy between two dorms.

After I shut it off I found that the silencer had unscrewed and just fell off. The first of many Nick features I discovered on those machines :-)... It was too hot to handle for a few minutes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom