5 Arounds

Dusty Bell

Name
Dusty Bell
For thise of you doi g 5 aroinds, or have in the past...

Are you door knocking, leaving something on the door/porch, or mailing something?

Are 5 arounds working for you? What is your typical response?

Mikey P

Administrator
If they don't answer the door, don't bother.

Hopefully you're good at conversing with strangers and secure in your manhood.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Truthfully now Mike,
Don't you miss the days when Mr. Sutley was a persona non grata on this very board? :winky:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Is that like when congress passes a popular bill but adds some crap legislation to it so it flies under the radar?

Not that Martin is crap....well...maybe. :shifty:

Yeah he is! :biggrin:

Reactions: hogjowl

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
The best advice I got from SFS and applied on 5arounds/3arounds/any arounds was

Knock and or leave something behind.

Start the conversation with an apology, and a freebie for the apology

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Five arounds never did anything for me but make me tired. People don't like to be bothered. Residential cleaning is event or emotionally driven. So if they are not looking that day there is nothing you can do to convince them. And if you do set an appointment by door knocking they will...........cancel before the event takes place.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I never received any of those units., but I HAVE called them and talked with them and got prices.

Apparently that's all you have to do with Judson to place an "order".
Did they try to screw you that way? I don't understand.

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
I have had great results with judson machines and Les' help with a few small issues. I have about 2500 hours each on 3 machines. Will never go back to machines with miles of wire diodes and diverters. Just my experience after 40 years.

Reactions: Mikey P and Jimmy L

hogjowl

Idiot™
Along about that time, I was becoming tired of slide in's, and I eventually bought a direct drive, but the reason I didn't buy a Judson was because of how much room they took in the van. My TCS slide ins didn't leave much room, but the Judson was downright ridiculous.

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
@Dusty Bell Good to see you here! I know we converse offline, but happy to see you posting here. Even if these bozos highjacked your thread.

If you aren't interested in personally leaving something with those that don't answer the door, there are some really good programs out there now that allow you to do this my mailing a post card. You could even go so far as taking a picture of their house and then uploading it to create a custom post card and personalize a message. I believe Send Jim has that capability. If you can't do a custom photo card, I know you can do a 5 around type thing with it.

https://sendjim.io/features

We haven't signed up with them yet, but I'm looking in to it. I'm not thrilled with the reminder cards from SM and may do them through Send Jim instead. They are supposed to be partnering with SM, but never can get an answer as to when. Are you still using SM?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Five arounds never did anything for me but make me tired. People don't like to be bothered. Residential cleaning is event or emotionally driven. So if they are not looking that day there is nothing you can do to convince them. And if you do set an appointment by door knocking they will...........cancel before the event takes place.
I think 5 arounds petered out around 1970. I don't believe it can be resurrected. Might as well try selling encyclopedias door to door. :winky:

I'm James, that ship has sailed. She comes back when we go back to using bag phones or mounting the phone in your van.

Other people did it....it waz cool....back then. :redface:

I'd focus my energy towards a more promising vehicle.

Reactions: hogjowl

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom