5 page sequential mailers

keithk

Is any one using these. You know, these 5-6 page sales letters that you send out every couple of weeks? I decided to purchase one of these programs (I won't mention any names) but I can't see any one reading all of that. And so far out of the 200 I sent out no one has. These started out of the trunk of my car sales gurus say this is the way to go. I think the only one who would sit and read all of that info is your competition. What ever happened to an eye catching headline on a postcard? Takes the prospect 5 seconds to know whether they are interested or not. I feel with the long winded sales letter they may start reading and then say "just some screwy carpet cleaner, I don't have time to read all of this" and then in the trash it goes. Feedback is appreciated, do I keep beating this dead horse? Or stick with what I know and get decent results?

Thanks,

Keith

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Keith
My brother Dan lives in Lawrence, which is 15-minutes from Topeka.

There is a carpet cleaner there that sends out JP's letter regularly. It must work to some degree, that guy always seems to be busy.

Can't say I'm fond of that kind of sales but I did read JP & HP's letters to me the first time they came.

Too much reading for me, I have A.D.D.

Usually they hit the circular file, or I save them and send them to pigman!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Well's if twaz, it wood't do meself much good nows wood it? :shock:

Chit I had to look to see who responded to that...Greatest Carpet Cleaner.....LOL!

Bite me big boy! :p

Jeff Madsen

Supportive Member
Name
Jeff Madsen
A two hundred piece mailing is just not a large enough sampling to base any judgments on. What was your list selection?

I would commit to sending out a couple thousand and then make a decision. Anything smaller and you could be making a bad call.

Al

I think it works, I would go with it. I sent out some "long letters" several years ago and had decent results.

Back
Top Bottom