570 divertor?

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
WTF?? My van was sitting level today and started spitting out dirty water. What good is a shutoff float if it doesn't work?
please note., the switch is run off magnets, if you clean places where you can pick up little metal shavings they will build up on the switch over time. simply unscrew your switch once you have drained your tank, check it out and see if its fuzzy with metal shavings, if it is then clean it off and reinstall. then fill your tank with fresh water and check to see if it works. if it doesnt you might have a bad switch, but if it was covered in stuff it was probably just the junk in the way.

hope this helps.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
make sure the arrow on the label points up, and that your float is vertical, not sideways, upside down, or skewed in any way at an angle. had this exact problem with my automatic pump out once. its the same switch.

Reactions: SamIam

SamIam

Name
sam miller
You can lift the switch and see if it cuts off the machine, Its a float when its full it should click and shut down but more then not it does not for me. I replaced the pump out switch one the new one is acting up.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
So I gotta ask, is your machine's heat system operating normal?, bypassing as designed and not dumping into the waste tank on your jobs? And can you say with certainty what the fix was?

They made a fix waiting to get mine installed for the bypassing issue, The temp control works great 195 low 220 med 240 high.

Without the fix if you put the wand down for extended periods the box heats up and the 160 degree bypass opens, if you keep the water running with high flow it doesnt do it.

You can tell when its open there's a loss of vacuum at the wand.

The real issue is when its summer and a 100 degrees outside no matter how much your running the wand it can heat up in the box and bypass all the time, thats what the new fix is for.

Like some have said keep the wand moving.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I'm double posting this for anybody who needs to know

That valve when things are working correctly with the temp switch will go out to heat and when it hits its temp, it goes back in and is automatic and controlled by the temp control and mac valve, the bimba valve has 2 hose which come from the mac valve that operate by vacuum of at least 7 hg.

If you were getting no heat you could pull both hose off the top of the bimba valve easily and manually pull the piston out and the machine would heat constantly.

if the two hoses on the bimba got reversed by accident then the machine would stay in closed mode and not heat because the vacuum hg's that usually open it would be obviously closing it.

I have accidently reversed mine and I know its an easy fix.

Most of the shops were you buy these machines do not know how they work.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
The above video was shot in the morning right after I fired my machine up the temp was still cold it took 2 minutes to hit 200 with the vacuum sealed ATM.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
So, here is the deal with mine as of this evening. I bought a Mac valve figuring it might be the problem. Before I replaced the valve, I checked it to see if it was indeed not working. With the front panel open it worked, switching between pump on and off, and heat setting on and off, and it worked. Thing is, as soon as I put a screw into the front panel to tighten it down, it stops working. Can't see how it's a grounding issue, but I just left the panel loose and thought I would post it here and see if anyone has a clue.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I've tried to call but all I get is the voicemail. When I have more availability, I will leave a message. I did talk talk to Ron at SS last week and ruled out one thing, vbut that is all I've done so far.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Well, If the divertor is not working, I would assume I have limited heat. It takes maybe 3 hours to get up to 195 degrees. It is working off of the liquid heat exchangers and that's it, so it doesn't hold consistent heat.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
ya if you stick the divertor in bypassing most of heat, the machine if your lucky it hits 170.

I just wonder if there's water in the lines anywhere???

I dont want to be a broken record but when I've had water come out the blower exhaust, I've taken both hoses off the bimba to hopefully let any excess water drain out and not into the bimba. because when my bimba frooze on it was full of water.

I guess your able to test the vac lines though by feeling which ones pulling air and since it works then stops you probably now how to check all that.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I call and talk to them and I get crickets. They have been a supplier to me for 30 years, so I thought I owed it to them to buy my TM from them. I think I should have just went to Jon Don. Gonna end up fixing it myself anyway.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
He got a hold of rick or scott they sent him the part direct, he installed tonight and is still having issues.

PS i wouldnt want to mess with the mac valve your braver then me good luck Doug hope its an easy fix.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
How many of your customers can get you on a sunday night after hours??? I'm sure tomorrow during business hours he'll answer.
I've called SS during business hours and ask for Rick and get voicemail. That was a few times last week.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
PS i wouldnt want to mess with the mac valve your braver then me good luck Doug hope its an easy fix.
Yeah, no shit. The machine is smaller, but also very compact. I would need baby hands to have any chance to replace the mac valve.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Sorry Doug I assumed you gotta hold of somebody cause you got a new mac valve??? or you were just messing with the old one? I also assumed the new one I thought you got was giving you problems and Your posting late so I guessed Your working on it now and hence they couldnt help this late.

I too was super frustrated until it was made right, I hope they get it right soon for you.

Nothing like going to a disty 2-3 times and having them pop off like they know what they're doing to only find out they dont.

I think if they take 2-3 ,inutes to call Sapphire Scott Harlib will get it right for you.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I have slowed down next week you should let me know, drop it off and you can take my Apex.. Runs great! No charge for the rental..

Reactions: Chris A and SamIam

Able 1

Name
Keith
That is, take it to your supplier.. I will go through everything, might have to actually clean with it to make sure things are running right.. Easy pick up and drop off..

Reactions: Mikey P

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
So I had time today to search around in the console to try to figure this out. Talked to Ron at SS and he told me based on my story to check the grounds on the temp gauge and engine, and whatta ya know, found a broken ground. Replaced the terminal and the divertor seems to work fine again.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom