6 min vid of 4hrs of work, just for John G

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner

Mikey P

Administrator
I would suggest you do a slow back pull and a fast forward/placement stroke with your dry vacuuming.

Most brush rolls are designed to groom/agitate that way.

Chads

Supportive Member
You missed a spot and its bugging me real bad.
Nice job Ron now where was your carpet rake for post grooming. :lol:

campusman1

4 hours later 490 square feet i hope you got 400.00 if i did that at 35 a sq foot id be broke give me a break. like i said i hope u got aleast 400.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Wow, great video Ron. Do you really vacuum that slow on all your jobs?. I think it deserves the "Most Though rough Cleaning Ever" award.

BTW, what is that thing you use to agitate?.

Could be a great marketing piece too. Shorten it to a few minutes and put on your web page. "Mam, you can browse our website and see all the steps we take to get your carpet clean, you'll understand why we charge more then our competitors".

Albert

hogjowl

Idiot™
That is a super video. The absolute best cleaning you can offer, without rotary extraction, I would say. Good for you.

Now for some moments of realistic appraisal. How realistic is that cleaning process you are using? Did you get $400 for that one room? Seriously ... I know the internet can cause a real shift in reality, but I personally have a hard time believing you can charge for that kind of cleaning, no matter where you live, and be profitable. $400 for one room is just a bit over the top. ICS in the extreme!

In this day of $4.00 gas and $3.00 milk, when going to the grocery store and spending $150 only gets you two bags of groceries, I just don't find too many (read any) people willing to pay those prices around here.

I would be interested in finding out what that pre-scrub tool is, and where you got it.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
that is awesome ron. I am not the only slow carpet cleaner on ther planet someone else does it right also. Thanks for taking the time to post that

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Matt Murdock said:
that is awesome ron. I am not the only slow carpet cleaner on ther planet someone else does it right also. Thanks for taking the time to post that

how many sf do you clean pr hour on average, Crowley?
If i recall, you've mentioned your pricing and it was on low side of "average"

I'll share somp'um with ya'll, being the greatest carpet cleaner doesn't mean you'll make the most money.

an average cleaner with good biz skills and "connects" with people (meaning they like and trust him) can cook your goo$e

PS..I agree that was one of the most thorough cleanings I've seen.
You get a Genieman ATTABOY
But man-o-day, how can you make money at 100sf pr hour?

.L.T.A.

Brian L

Name
Brian L
Nice job Ron.

I have a Sebo Duo but I only use it to prescrub small jobs. It bounces around too much to use on bigger jobs. Also the brushes are a bit of a pain to clean.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Low side I am fudging cheap

I make less than $100.00 an hour but I have found prescrubbing has actually saved me time with the wand. I would probably say I do about $75 an hr sometimes lower but with commercial and minmums I average about $125. I do pride myself on quality and affordability and I also think that is why I top out at $3,000-$3,500 a week.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
me, myself and I and I break a big sweat every single day

My name is not matt though marty, hate to play tom foolery with you but Matt Murdock is Daredevil IE my avatar

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
to make a simple answer meat it takes me about an hr to an hr and ahalf to do my special which is 4 rooms $99.95 and a set of stairs $39.00. it also takes me about an hr to an hour and half to do a family room, stairs and a bedroom. it is all prep time. I prep the heck out of everything that is why bigger is better.

Brad_Smith

Shorten the video to 30-45 seconds, put it on your website, and you have one hell of a marketing piece. Instead of the 2 hours vacuuming (that hurts to read) would it be better to go over with vacuum for 20 minutes then scrub with a crb with the collectors. Those collectors pick up alot of shit. I know dry soil. But hell with todays TM's shouln't we be able to pick up some mud.

Nice video and work anyway.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
how can I prescrub with a 175 and video tape? we all know I don't have that many friends

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
2 hours vacuuming...give me a break.

And what did you do to get the furniture indentations out?

I would have at least took the cuff off the wand and used the hose to pull them out.

The two hour vacuuming thing in a rental just gets me.

I guess if I was making a video I'd pump it up too.

Nothing special in your cleaning that I could see.

Oh brother!

Bob Foster

Over the last two years Ron and I have worked many many jobs together - if his truck is down we use mine and when mine was down we use his.

For the last month while I have been without a truck we have been working together almost daily doing my jobs.

He is that slow - no exaggeration - its painful to watch BUT the results speak for themselves. He cringes at my "normal" vacuuming even though I think I pick up 85% of what he does in 25% of the time - to him that isn't good enough.

He knows he can make more money if he was faster. He is the only one I know that would get down on his hands and knees and spend 5 minutes working on a spot in the back of a closet as if it was in the middle of a living room. Total complete uncompromising attitude about what he wants as a result for his clients.

Ron recently took delivery of a Judson CanAM which we are currently rigging up in a cube truck. He deserves to be on the list!

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Maybe I was flying off the cuff so I'm sorry.

It was painful to watch.

But I did enjoy the music!

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Thank you gents for your comments.

Lets see if I can catch all the questions.

No shoe covers!!! Carpet Grooming?
Nope. I cleaned my way out of the room and left the shoe covers for the clients. Since I had spent 4 hrs on the room already, and they were having me clean the room to see if it would come clean enough that they wouldn't have to replace it to sell the house, I didn't groom. Lots of cats were in that room, cat poop along the walls, some in the middle of the floor, lots of hair.

BTW Chad gets the booby prize for asking about the grooming first. I knew someone would comment.

The impressions were made by fish tanks, they weren't moving too far.

get yourself a bone scraper
My bone is Stainless. Just couldn't see it. I went to the sheet metal shop and picked up some scrap pieces.
I would suggest you do a slow back pull and a fast forward/placement stroke with your dry vacuuming.
I've found I get more soil on the forward stroke. It bites in more when I push than when I pull.

You missed a spot
If you mean the one at the end of the vid, I didn't miss it, just didn't include removing it.

a forward wet stroke
Yes, jet on all the way across, dry stroke in reverse

i hope you got 400.00
490sf at 60cents/sf = $294+tax
How realistic? Well, I charge 55 cents normal, but this was restorative, obviously. It was worth the price for them if I could clean it enough that they wouldn't need to replace it.
That is my normal cleaning process, all the time. I just doesn't take quite that long with normal maintenance cleaning.

BTW, what is that thing you use to agitate?.
Sebo duo Brush machine. OR Dri-Matic 12" Carpet Maintainer
http://www.sfreedman.com/store/item.asp ... ENT_ID=207
Depends on where you look for it. Mine cost $500 CDN (incl taxes) from a local vacuum store.

I am planning to put this on my website.

I'll share somp'um with ya'll, being the greatest carpet cleaner doesn't mean you'll make the most money.

an average cleaner with good biz skills and "connects" with people (meaning they like and trust him) can cook your goo$e
You are absolutely right. ANd I wrestle with that thought all the time, that I could make more money if I just worked quicker.
I never learned how to clean fast, just to clean. I find I make mistakes or it resoils faster if I speed up. What made me fail the navy works for me here, slow and meticulous. "I" know its clean.

I prep the heck out of everything
Prep is everything. Whether plumbing, wiring, painting.

with todays TM's shouln't we be able to pick up some mud.
Sure they can pick up mud, but will they??? Much easier to get it out dry.

Nothing special in your cleaning that I could see.
Exactly!!! Anyone can do it. But few do.

If I had to work with ron I would have to KILL HIM!!!!!
Why I work alone. :wink:

Thanks again. I really do appreciate ALL the comments. John put a burr under my saddle to video what I do. I might not make the 100's/hr that a lot of you guys make, and I know I'm not perfect in my cleaning, but if more cleaners came even close to this quality of cleaning, we would all be making more than a mere 50cents/sf and ChemWho, Terry-Towel, Host or whoever could never advertise anything bad about HWE. And we wouldn't have to worry about all that SOA BS.

I've learned a lot from ALL of you on the board and I'll just keep plugging along, listening and sharing. Thanks to you all.

Mikey P

Administrator
Ron

You do know that your TM will remove a lot of "dry soil" as well right?

2 hours dry vacuuming a room that size has got to stop. It not good for your health or the Canadian economy

The home owners must, MUST think your out of your mind and with that over priced helper of yours you're gonna go flat broke.

Three passes if you must, maybe a few more in heavy traffic lanes but let your damn TM earn it's keep.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
Nice Job, nice video

I would think with the green horn wand you could go a little faster, is it high flow

I personally couldn't take that long to clean it.

I am with Odin on that one

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
Nice video, Ron! I'll agree, it's a living, not a contest. We all measure success differently. If this level of dedication is what makes you feel good at the end of the day, more power to you.

Method does not supersede the commitment to excellence. So, I'm not sure why you'd suggest "other methods" wouldn't compare what they do to anyone who cleans "like this." lol The popularity and prevalence of competing methods is proof of their efficacy. Extraordinary situations aside, anyone who believes in their "other method" as strongly as you do in yours and applies it with equal zest would have no trouble making a comparison live or on video.

I do find it a bit surprising, though, that you'd spend 4 hours thoroughly, thoroughly, thoroughly cleaning 490 ft2 and then hand out a booby prize to the guy who asks why you didn't take another 23 seconds to groom.......... lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom