60,000 sf.....

RichardnTn

Will probably be doing a 60K sq. ft. job...I have HWE'd in the past but don't want to do it this time.... suggestions.... I am totally in the dark about other methods. I appreciate any help....Thanks Richard

TimP

Call Rick at excellent-supply.com and get yourself a cimex or two he'll send you the stuff you need to get started. Buy a good backpack vac to pre-vac, hire a few chimps and teach them to vac and push the cimex around thing. Sit back and watch....maybe spot clean a few spots as necessary. It's really pretty easy!

Of course I assume this is in a location other than a grease pit!!

hogjowl

Idiot™
Good grief ... there's several options that you have. The Cimex is one option, but then you'll find others who lean towards padcapping, some like the GLS machine, others a 300 rpm rotary.

Personally, I like the OP machines offered by Orbitecsolutions.com. The smaller Defender is what I use. It's $1500. You can turn out around 1000 to 1200 s.f. per hour with it. The bigger CMX-20 offered by Orbitec is more expensive, I think like $1900, and will give better production.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Do you intend to charge less for smearing the soil around instead of removing it?

hogjowl

Idiot™
Yeah, I normally do. Padcapping is much faster than HWE on commercial and gives better visual results. Because it takes less time, I charge less.

It's all in how it looks.

You ICS posters can worry about the rocket science.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
admiralclean said:
You ICS posters can worry about the rocket science.

Who are you calling an ICS poster?

Mr. #1 poster, Sutley

Most Frequent Posters - Overall

Name Messages
Martin Sutley 15215
Lee Stockwell 12211
Frank Nihei 11436
John Geurkink 11400
John Nava 11280
Gary R. Heacock 9103
Eric Stewart 8370
Robert Selleck 7434
G. Tom Tsao 7423
Steve Lawrence 7226

TimP

Shawn, way to call him out on it!!! He's a bit of a hypocrite ehh :shock:

Fred Homan

You need to call Clark at Orbitecsolutions.com 1-800-528-1376
Clark is the man. Go with the CX- 20
Clark will take care of you. Tell him Fred says so. I am not a shill....

hogjowl

Idiot™
You can watch Star Trek thousands of times and not be a "Trekkie", and you can be on-line hours a day and still not be a nerd.

There's a difference ... and I thought I needed to put it in Trekkie terms that you could understand, Shawn.

steve r

a 20 inch rotary some fiberplus max pads and a case of releasit and about 20 cotton bonnets.

ill do it for $4500.how many days do i have to do it?when do you want me there?

Brad_Smith

The only reason not to HWE is access. I found that I can HWE almost as fast as encap or padcap. It is a pain to fill those buckets all the time. The chems are not cheap. IF its dirty then you have to HWE. If not dirty and hard to get to then cimex. Anymore I just feel wrong about smear n run. It's just my hang up though. I wouldn't do any tests on an important job.

breathe72

Beautiful, Shawn....

Out of the FIFTEEN THOUSAND gems he's posted....

admiralclean said:
There's a difference ... and I thought I needed to put it in Trekkie terms that you could understand, Shawn.

Lmao, he always does the whole "I'm going to show you how dumb you are" thing whenever he gets his head cracked on these boards.

Richard, I recently switched to using a Cimex machine on a vary large regular commercial account.

We used to HWE them monthly.

Now we will HWE bi-annually.

Call Rick Galinas.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
what buckets?
Couldn't you prespray sections from your hydroforce in a large area like that and have the other guy padding or cimexing?

harryhides

Name
Tony
breathe72 said:
admiralclean said:

Lmao, he always does the whole "I'm going to show you how dumb you are" thing whenever he gets his head cracked on these boards.

I've also noticed what a pompous arse he is . . . . .

:!:

Clark

Hello Richard. We do the Federal Buildings in Nashville and Knoxville with the CX 20. We will come with 4 machines and chemical and clean your buildings as a demo. Should take about 4 hours. Maybe we can video the job. We can not video the Nuclear buildings for any reason. So what do you think? If you can help, we can bring 6 machines and be done in 3 hours. That does include some talking time.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
WOW CLARK.. That's a really BIG Demo. Richard I doubt you'll find a better deal than that.

hogjowl

Idiot™
That is a wonderful offer Clark.

And, if you worried about pressure from Clark to buy, don't worry. He just about as low key and unassuming as anyone I have ever met.

Clark

This is what we did in the Fed Buildings. One of those contractors now has 32 machines. His profit has doubled. His complaints on carpet are down by 90%. He uses 100 gallons of chemical a month. So for me, this is just good business. Have I got to mention hauling a portable to the mop sink. An auto pump out cost one contractor $14,000 in computer damage and a another with a rotary fried a server on the same circuit.

Greenie

You could probably get a machine from Clark for the same price I pay as a dealer, so you might as well buy direct.

Fon Johnson

Richard, we are not too far apart. If I can be of any assitance, let me know. We do those types of jobs with encap and a rotarty. From what my clients tell me, we are pretty competitive against other wonder machines with a rotary. I'd be glad to show you the ropes.

Clark

I guess I do take care of my Buddies to good. It's usually because I am thankful for their help. And they do talk about it to much. But I always pay my distributors their commission even if I lose money. If they do the work, I will pay no matter what? We formed a new C corp. Jan 1, 08. Orbitec Solutions Inc. The definition of a distributor changed Jan 1, 08. They must have a Hard Stand with 3M in sales and 5 machines in start up inventory. All of which are guaranteed sale. We work with Reps on a commission base as well. Reps sale out of our inventory and we handle the warranty and payments.

RichardnTn

Thanks everybody for the suggestions and emails..... I am going to look at the job next week....I have to do something...61 years old and that much HWE with make me stiff for a week...thanks again...Richard

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom