$7000 for a fn' fuel pump!

Mikey P

Administrator
Who ever said Diesel is or was the way to power a shop vac ought to have to spend a night tossing Yappy's salad.

Good god damn grief. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I could buy four 25 hp twins for that. :!:

never again. blowme blowme

and 7k is just for the pump, no labor or parts tacked on yet. :shock: :shock: :shock: :!:

Sorry Billy.
I really hope I was not the inspiration behind that purchase.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Mikey P said:
Who ever said Diesel is or was the way to power a shop vac ought to have to spend a night tossing Yappy's salad.

Good god damn grief. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I could buy four 25 hp twins for that. :!:

never again. blowme blowme

and 7k is just for the pump, no labor or parts tacked on yet. :shock: :shock: :shock: :!:

Sorry Billy.

LOL.......I figured once that set in a bit you would be lighting up another thread............

Picked out my cliff on the way home..........

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Can't ya find the same pump on some other Isuzu (or whatever other brand you have)? I'd be cutting my throat over that price tag. Then again, I ain't making the bucks like you, big guy.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Holy Cow, Batman.... You can buy a late model used van AND truckmount for less than that on E-bay.

Make that cliff a tall one.

Name
Danny Strickland
Yappy dropped a money shot on ya did he!!!!

i guess you could blame his R&D guy??? oh yea, thats you and a few others!!!!! :twisted:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Mikey P said:
Sorry Billy.

you were my inspiration that lead me to buying mine........so if my fuel pump goes out you fooking owe me 7k..................

Name
Nate W.
Is that retail? I do my best to get things at wholesale prices or know someone who knows someone that can hook it up... Small island syndrome here.

I know diesel pumps are rather on the expensive side. But you weigh the costs in milage and fuel savings... They get ya either way... :evil:

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Trying getting a shop to install a pump you went around them on. Better be good with a wrench or know someone that is and actually likes ya ;)

Ryan

Didn't you listen to HaRpeR!!!! :?: :?:

nExt tiMe RuN soMe watER aNd ViniGER thRoUgH it :!: :!:

thEn fLuSh eR oUt wiTh waTeR and sOaP!! :wink:

F

FB7777

find the part and fly Les and Joyce out to Aptos for a week

You'd still come out ahead I bet

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Hey Mike,
Thanks for the phone number you provided I will give it a try. Jim the 7k price was derived from Toms link you provided. The dealership hasn't gotten back to me on pricing yet. They are getting me a rebuild price and their new price, however with that I will be down another 1-1.5 weeks. Like John said finding something cheaper and getting them to install will be another matter. Jobs are stacking up like crazy, for all of you that have experienced big repairs and only having one truck and managed the rescheduling of jobs my hats off to you, what a pain in the as.

All I can say is you don't have to beat me over the head hard but once, I will never make this same mistake again. And no Mikey you are not one bit responsible. Just my luck for the most expensive part on the dang thing to go bad. Well, I guess it can't all be fun huh?

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
u need a nice cheap 5k back up to use for these situations. Ihope it ends up being something simple and not the pump. im sorry

joe harper

Name
joe harper
BLewis said:
Hey Mike,
Thanks for the phone number you provided I will give it a try. Jim the 7k price was derived from Toms link you provided. The dealership hasn't gotten back to me on pricing yet. They are getting me a rebuild price and their new price, however with that I will be down another 1-1.5 weeks. Like John said finding something cheaper and getting them to install will be another matter. Jobs are stacking up like crazy, for all of you that have experienced big repairs and only having one truck and managed the rescheduling of jobs my hats off to you, what a pain in the as.

All I can say is you don't have to beat me over the head hard but once, I will never make this same mistake again. And no Mikey you are not one bit responsible. Just my luck for the most expensive part on the dang thing to go bad. Well, I guess it can't all be fun huh?

Billy have you inquired...as to a RENTAL Truckmount...from a DiStY.... :?:

Some of those clients....will NOT wait... :(

A

amazingcleansc

BLewis said:
Hey Mike,

oh, it gets more expensive, trust me.

Jim Nelson

Name
Jim nelson
So glad i did not buy one of those. My first TM cost me $6000.00 and i ran it four 16 years and i still have the blower and pump. You know i did a ride along for a day on a vortex that was enough to see to many flaws for me.

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
My fuel injector pump went out on my last NPR and it cost about 4500 installed. Ran about 20K more miles and the crank went out. Parted it out for 1500. But it did have 200K on it so I got my money out of it I guess. Confirmed my wisdom: Use a slide in. Bought a new cab and chassis and swapped boxes for 28K with a 7 year bumper to bumper warranty.
Al

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
A FUSO fuel pump goes for $3,500 installed. Might even be the same one used on other Japanese trucks. Shop around.

We replaced one on an older truck due to having too much water in the fuel, and have had to change fuel suppliers when they wouldn't acknowledge they had a problem. I'm sure the fuel supplier was afraid they'd be paying for a lot of damage if they admitted fault. The newer trucks filter water and dump it automatically so there isn't the same chance of damage, but we shouldn't be paying for the water in the fuel either.

Isn't that a known issue with using a fuel with too high of a Bio-diesel percentage?
Some manufacturers void warranties if more than 5% biodiesel is used, some allow 20%. Propel biodiesel says the manufacturers can't void warranties based on fuel used unless they can specifically point out how the fuel caused the damage. In our case above, it was the water, so we paid for the repair and it was up to us to get the fuel supplier to reimburse us for the damage.

The problems with using high percentage bio diesels are: they can act like a lighter solvent and cause damage to injections systems and pumps, they can allow microbial growth that can clog filters, they gel at higher temperatures than diesel fuel.

The last time I talked to our FUSO dealer about using biodiesel, he said their postion was still no more than 5%. They were shipping an engine to Hawaii for a guy that used biodiesel - no warranty coverage. The bottom line was, if we decided to use high percentage biodiesel we'd have to be willing to fight the manufacturer on any warranty claim.

Name
Nate W.
amazingcleansc said:
BLewis said:
Hey Mike,

oh, it gets more expensive, trust me.

Yea, I'd trust this guy... He went from a Vortex to a porty... Says a lot.... :twisted:

randy

Name
Randy
$7,000 for a fuel pump ? I hope this is a joke. I wouldn't wish this on anyone, even a reformed Vortex shill.

I would call every diesel shop out there and find a better option. At $7,000 someone is making too much off the Vortex crew.

Back
Top Bottom