75 Took the Rug Plant Tours in Columbus last Friday

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
Centrum Force rented two very nice coaches to transport all 75 attendees from the Columbus Airport Marriott, where Rug Summit 7 was being held, to visit two in-plant rug washing operations. Martin's and K.A. Menedian in Columbus, Ohio on Friday morning. Two very different plant setups built around Moore washing machines (One place had an old Cleveland Duster). It was of interest for the whole group to see the setups.

My thanks to John, Chad, and Brent Martin for their gracious tolerance of allowing us all to visit, answer questions and take pictures.

After the morning of tours, we all reconvened back at the hotel for a full lunch that was included in the conference cost to attend.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
I had a good time but it makes me question why I'm pay 600.00 a year to be an ARCS member + cost of events when Tom/Greg can deliver an event like this for a flat 350.00 ?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It's a hard decision when all that is available without being a member of an association. Ken would always say that no one but industry knew what those logo's meant and he didn't see that value in membership. It always made me think about dropping out but so far we are still members of at least 1-trade association.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Was sorry to miss it! But buying my first house has been a cluster... Soooooo glad closing is next Monday! so I can get back to trolling Doc!

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
BTW... does anybody else see the Jaws connection in the thread tile?! at 4.10

[video=youtube;u9S41Kplsbs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9S41Kplsbs[/video]

Reactions: Chris A

Ron K

I had a good time but it makes me question why I'm pay 600.00 a year to be an ARCS member + cost of events when Tom/Greg can deliver an event like this for a flat 350.00 ?

I've always felt ASCR keeps it's Fee that high to keep the rif-raf out....seems to have worked ....................I've never joined!

Reactions: Desk Jockey

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I'm sorry I couldn't make it to the Summit, I've heard good things from some of the people that were there.

The same goes for ARCS events. Since their members are the best and brightest in the rug cleaning biz the costs are always tiny compared to the gain. The rug cleaners that whiz rocket fuel and can chant stains out of a Habibikibad don't need anyone, but I need all the good ideas I can get.

Reactions: T Monahan

rhyde

Name
rhyde
The same goes for ARCS events. Since their members are the best and brightest in the rug cleaning biz the costs are always tiny compared to the gain. The rug cleaners that whiz rocket fuel and can chant stains out of a Habibikibad don't need anyone, but I need all the good ideas I can get.

How did you like the ARCS event at Robert mann's in Denver ?

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
We had a Rug Summit at Robert Mann's the day before. The plant tour and refreshments at Mann's was the highlight.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
How did you like the ARCS event at Robert mann's in Denver ?
That's another one I missed and am kicking myself because I could have been there. I understand there's a whole sideline industry being built around Robert's dye-bleed removal demo.

Too soon after surgery to attend this Rug Summit, but I'll be at future events.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom