$7K to go!!!

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Will that beautiful truck be paid off too? It’s nice to be debt free. :)
No, That will be the next thorn in my side that I'll start chipping away at. Once those are gone and my wife's car payment, I'll be a real player again. I'll start building my business more and rebuild my real estate empire. It's truly hard to move forward when you have to service debt. This last couple of years I feel like I've been working just so I can work.

Last edited:

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Damon, just do what I told you yesterday:

Keep all your toys! They're making memories. That's very valuable.

SELL THAT OTHER VAN/TM! It's supposed to be making money, and it HASN'T been doing that. And don't tell me you're waiting for that perfect technician to come along to jump in the van. It's not gonna happen. First, that isn't tech friendly. IT's a perfect owner/op setup. And second...you're about $45k gross shy of being able to pay a full time tech. So sell that tm, pay off your 870, and sleep better at night after you put more time into taking your kids out on the lake with your boat, like I'm gonna do this weekend with my "new to me" boat that I just bought.

ED8D5344-A436-479C-B001-C0DF76522380.jpeg

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
SELL THAT OTHER VAN/TM! It's supposed to be making money, and it HASN'T been doing that. And don't tell me you're waiting for that perfect technician to come along to jump in the van. It's not gonna happen.

he's a busy O/OP ...I don't think it unwise to have back-up beyond a POS porty and shake 'n shine spray 'n wipe towel twirler.

In my state, insurance and plates would run me appx $600 a year to keep .
If his second unit is owned free and clear, $600 a year costs could be considered relatively cheap ins if his bread butter money maker goes down for any length of time.
That can happen in an instant ...not just major mechanical fails on TM or van, but any one of us could be T-boned by some knucklehead and put chit out of commission for weeks

I'd sell that El Comino first
It's really not the one he wanted
The color is ugly and so is the year model ...and it's gonna get scratched to fook they way he uses it as bench and storage platform in his over cluttered garage...….

..L.T.A.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
While new car tires are major brands they are often specially made and of a cheaper quality than aftermarket.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Ok, here's my posting for my other van. $10k, turn key set up, only 40 hours on engine 30/47 diesel/Kero/small-child burner. 2001 Chevy 1-Ton express with kick ass rims. Electric Rokan hose reel, Legend brands stainless chem shelf, Everything works. Free 50 Lbs. box of SteamPro Prespray that clumps like a mother-fu**** that is basically unusable for anything other than laundry soap.

I don't have time to deal with tire kickers. I'm way too busy.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
he's a busy O/OP ...I don't think it unwise to have back-up beyond a POS porty and shake 'n shine spray 'n wipe towel twirler.

If his second unit is owned free and clear, $600 a year costs could be considered relatively cheap ins if his bread butter money maker goes down for any length of time.
That can happen in an instant ...not just major mechanical fails on TM or van, but any one of us could be T-boned by some knucklehead and put chit out of commission for weeks

The color is ugly and so is the year model ...and it's gonna get scratched to fook they way he uses it as bench and storage platform in his over cluttered garage...….

..L.T.A.
But the Elco A/C works great :)

Yeah, I'm thinking about selling that thing. I really hate that 305ci.

Reactions: Dolly Llama

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
No, That will be the next thorn in my side that I'll start chipping away at. Once those are gone and my wife's car payment, I'll be a real player again. I'll start building my business more and rebuild my real estate empire. It's truly hard to move forward when you have to service debt. This last couple of years I feel like I've been working just so I can work.
Same here. But making headway. Almost debt free just have house and tm payment. Tm for 2 more years

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I don’t think I’d want real-estate in The Democratic Republic of California.
Well, I owned over 130 rentals in Tulsa and that was not fun managing them from Redding Ca.. I’m sticking close to home this next time around. I’m older and wiser now. There is no educational process more powerful than total failure.

I still know how to find the deals no one can find. When I get a little play money I’ll be off and running with the flippers again.

Last edited:

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland

..L.T.A.

It seems like when you have a truck or machine that doesn’t get used for a long time, the first time you try to use it something doesn’t work, so it may not be available to use when you need it.

Rather than keep an extra truck mount around, I prefer to spend a little money for parts to keep on the truck, thus becoming my own distributor, and able to make repairs on the spot so no jobs lost and little time wasted. Fuel pump, solenoid, transformer, flow switch, belts, coupler, valves, repair kits, hoses, qd’s, switches, the list goes on. If something goes out I don’t have on hand, I may order an extra to keep in stock. Probably easier and a lot cheaper than maintaining a whole extra unit that sits around.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
New Tires at 17,800 miles, one rotation. Yeah, I was surprised myself. Hoping the factory tires were just garbage and the new ones last a bit longer.
You're not gonna' believe this but I still have the original tires on my 2002 Ford E-250 with 3/4 of the tread still there, all around. The spare is brand new but 16 years old. Van has 34,000 original miles.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nomad74

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom