A 10 to Cornerstone supply!!!!!

So I take my WhiteMagic 1900 to Florida for the 65 degree heat loss that I had spent 500 dollars at Cleaners Closet to fix. Not wanting to take it back to them for 65 bucks an hour for on the job training in my opinion, I take it to Cornerstone Supply in Largo Florida. In 15 minutes he diagnoses the problem of a faulty engine thermostat and wham...heat is cooking again.
I was told by the local mechanic that the machine was old and heat loss was normal. Bull,whatever! So I e-mail the owner about perhaps a partial refund. He e-mails me and says don't come back to none of my 3 Interlink stores. So I will take my 30,000 dollars a year supply needs to Cornerstone in Largo. Richard is honest and friendly. It is a shame that such a nice guys business is hurting due to Interlink and Jon-Don opening up in his back yard.
This is the second time I have went to Richard and both times he was congenial and knowledgeable. Not to mention reasonably priced. So I recommend to anyone, if you need anything give Richard a call at 1-727-517-9327 at Cornerstone. He won't let you down!!!

Rob Allen.

I am getting the impression that Interlink is getting a HITMAN mentality.
They are more concerned with HRI then the independents.

danpauselius

I can only find a few items in the interlink catalog that Jon-Don doesn't carry in one form or another. But Jon-Don treats me like gold, so I do business with them almost exclusively.

Remember, the same rules apply to distributors that apply to us. People are willing to pay a little more to feel good about doing business with you. Some of these distributors need to learn this little rule. They think it's ALL price ALL the time ... WRONG!

Rex Tyus

The service received from a distributor that happens to be an Interlink Affiliate is a reflection of local management as they are independently owned. I don't think it is fair to lump them all together. My Interlink affiliate is Chem Solutions in Pensacola. I have received exceptional service each and every time.

I just wanted to mention this so anyone that thought they were a chain or franchise would understand Interlink Affiliates are independently owned.

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
Robert,

Maybe you should post the name of the Interlink guy who told you not to come back. That way no one will go there.

I use maybe 3 distributors now and none of them are interlink.

Greenie

Every time I hear Richards name it's associated with his superior mechanical skills.
Is it really that hard for a supplier to keep a top notch mechanic on staff?

I know when I needed a good mechanic, I was prepared to pay if the dude was honest and talented, time is money, get me back on the road man.

Rex

no one forced them to become an Interlink. They wanted to become a player in this biz and now they can carry the same stink that is coming from the name Interlink. I'm sure your guy does a great job so I hope that the others can clean up their act.

Rex Tyus

Chris ,

I hear ya but we will have to just agree to disagree. I think the distributor
name would be more important than "Interlink" in these types of scenarios. It is more of a purchasing affiliation than anything else. It is not even a franchise.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
I've known Richard Carpenter at Cornerstone for about 20 years. He used to work at Innovative (which is now an Interlink store). He opened up his own shop about 10 years ago. Richard is an honest hard working guy who really cares about his customers. Giving customer's PERSONAL attention is what stands out at Cornerstone. Large mega corps may offer discounts, and they often provide good service too. However the little guy supplier depends on your business to survive. And Richard's small shop in Largo Florida provides a good example of a little guy who pours his heart into satisfying each and every one of his valued customers. I've never known Richard to give any less than his best. He's one of the good guys!

Greenie

Just for the record an "interlink affiliate" does not have to take on the name, and in fact would probably do better to keep their mom-n-pop name in the long run. I agree it's just a wholesale buying club with strings.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom