A chem-dry guy speaks

G

If you cannot use a TM being a CD franchisee, but you do it anyway, then why be CD at all?

Is it the name recognition?

Dolly

You have to be ready to acknowledge there is are other efficient ways to get better out comes to your cleaning results and that there is more than one way to do it.

The cleaning solutions work, sometimes a particular system done in only one way does not work for all situations.

Many independent professionals have experienced the importance of versatility and having various tools to work with for any given task.

Independent professionals have also recognized that it is not exactly all about any one entity with name recognition because we deal with people one customer at a time. We have the capability of creating name recognition of our own.

I think we all can agree about that.

paladin

AMEN . almost sounds like the difference between religions(see todays post on ICS board from Muslims). Thank goodness this is only carpet cleaning. And on this topic I will admit Chem-Dry is the Muslims. Chem-dry is what I do ,not who I am. Peace to all.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Franchises have rules so you're not only buying the name but a complete system. That's why I got into it. I didn't want to spend too much time and guessing. Think if you came up with a business and wanted to sell the righsts as a franchise, you would want to stay true to your concept and have guidelines. Imagine walking into Pizza Hut and you see a sign "Today's special Chinese egg rolls". To some degree having employees is like a franchise. The owner being the franchisor (spelling), employees are the franchisee, if they don't follow your rules they get axed. I will say that even though the training was only 1 week you start out having a lot of confidence.

Now for the negative aspects of it....I won't say as this is the WWW. :lol:

PS: DON'T START ON ME DARLENE !

Albert

Dolly

No Albert I wont start on you. I promise.

You make a point, however the old timers had less information than you newbies and it sounds like you still don't have a lot and still have to make it work on your own.

The old timers are the ones who lead the way actually and many times not appreciated for it sad to say.

Rewarding instead of punishing make people want to strive more and excel in what they begin to create. Of course there are exceptions.

Only the tools can be supplied, you have to know how and when to use them Albert and if that don't work you go back to the drawing board and figure something else out.

In today's world people are not taught like they should to think for themselves or even by themselves. It seems it has to be someone Else's idea and then follow like sheep.

The only Shepard I wish to follow is my Lord, He is the only way through the wilderness of this life as I see it.

All others are just and should be role models and remember how important that can be to the other person.

You might be the best or the worst happening in someone Else's life that day just depends on if your an other minded person or not.

Brian L

Name
Brian L
Paladin, Paladin Where do you roam?
Paladin, Paladin, Far, far from home.

richardboonec2ip7.jpg

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I figured this whole thing out completely and the juries verdict is in my hand

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Greg Crowley said:
I figured this whole thing out completely and the juries verdict is in my hand

Do tell.

Or just PM me if you want to keep it a secret.

I never told anybody about John Burris wearing ladies underwear did I? :shock:

(Oh Crap!)

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
gary I Pm'd you but it wasn't delivered if you provide an email on your profile I will send it there

paladin

TO WHOM IT APPLIES. you can edit out as much as you like it has been recorded already. This is not a threat but maybe you should seek legal council as to the definition of slander and libel and the penalties. Sweet dreams.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Well, if there was any doubt as to what kind of person this fellow is, he has erased it in my mind.

And I don't know about anyone else here but I'm not sure that I'm even comfortable post on a board where there is a "member" that would even make the threat of suing someone over something posted on a bulletin board.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
paladin said:
TO WHOM IT APPLIES. you can edit out as much as you like it has been recorded already. This is not a threat but maybe you should seek legal council as to the definition of slander and libel and the penalties. Sweet dreams.

I understand what you are saying and where you are coming from, but I think that is kinda low class.

This story I am about to tell will make no sense until you read it to it's end.

4 years ago, we had a new convert at our church. I'll call her Jacky. Jacky once pointed at a scar on my arm and asked if it was a cigarette burn. I said no, that was where I had a pre-cancerous mole removed. One night I was at my house and I got a call from Jacky. She needed me to come over right away. She had just discovered a mole on her back, and couldn't afford a doctor's visit if it turned out to be nothing. I tried telling her over the phone what the things to look out for were, but she insisted I come to her house and have a look myself.

I showed up, and she immediately took her shirt off and came over to me to show me the mole, wearing nothing but a bra. As she leaned forward her (rather large) breasts "accidentally" fell out of her bra. I muttered something about how I thought the mole was just fine, but if it grows at all she needs to go to the doctor. She tried to thank me by wrestling me to the ground to give me a back massage, still topless.

Yes, I am guilty in that I didn't run just then... I waited for about a minute as she massaged my back. I thought about how beautiful she was. I thought about how soft her breasts were against my back, and how much nicer they would feel in my hands. (Sorry for getting graphic.)

Then I came to my senses, I thanked her for the massage and left. I went straight home to a cold shower and got some rest. What was I thinking even staying at all after she took off her shirt? I felt like crap. I was supposed to be a good example to this girl, but instead I entertained the idea of staying the night.

Well, she must have thought I was going to tell the church what happened. So, she called every girl in the congregation, every male leader and their wives and asked them all for advice on how to deal with me. Her spiel went as follows:

"Gary is a nice guy, and I want to support him as he learns how to draw near to God, but I don't know what to do about all his advances. He is always coming over late at night and I can't get him to leave. He is always talking about sex and propositioning me and trying to seduce me. I want to help him, but I don't know what to do when he's always trying to sleep with me."

I didn't know this was going on. I just knew for some reason none of the girls would talk to me. The youth of the church would plan things and I would not be invited. Nobody would shake my hand or return my phone calls.

I called my preacher and his wife answered. "So, I hear Jacky doesn't know what to do about all of your sexual advances. It seems you're trying to seduce her."

"Really?" I said

"Yeah, I kinda figured it might be the other way around." she said.

"You're probably right." I said, and she handed the phone over to my preacher.

I cared about this girl, I wanted her to succeed in the church, so I didn't want to destroy her reputation. I was repeatedly confronted about this issue for a period of months, and I always replied:

"Whatever happened is none of your business, if she wants to talk about it, that's her business, but I think my character will show what's what in the end."

It was hard, all the dirty looks I got. All the fun times I missed out on hanging with the youth of the church (I was 20, there was a big group of singles aged 18-25 that always hung out) I missed a lot, but I didn't miss a day of church, and I showed in the long run what my character was. Jacky showed in the long run what her character was. It took a whole year for everybody to come back around to me, but they did. They realized what really happened, and it gave Jacky time to figure out what she wanted. She didn't want to be a member of the church, she no longer attends. I could have exposed her, but I decided the best way was to prove my character through my actions and give her a chance to do the right thing.

That's the way I handle slander. (BTW, I don't know what the laws say, but I don't think it can be called slander if the accusations are true.) Are they true? I don't know, don't much care. I just figured in the long run your character would come to the surface and then I'd know.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Threatening posts by paladin. Must have been an attorney before his 1.5 year go at carpet cleaning. Either way, he can pack sand.

Name
steve snail
Was taught in my first business class in High School, to sell on the strengths of my service, never bad mouth the competition. That would be just plain bad ass karma. Well, the wheel never stops turning, and what goes around... It's ALL about character and Integrity. The next year will be very exciting to watch events unfold.

We as professional service techs serve a very intelligent upscale client who can spot good character across the room and smell bad character a mile away. There is nowhere to hide in this day and age.

It seems well founded paranoia strikes deep in the minds of some.

Just ask ace

G

For what it is worth. If you're going to sue somebody for slandering you, you must show:

1. What they said is not true.

AND

2. You suffered a loss due to what they said.

Phil, Certified Latrine Lawyer

Dolly

CU that is certainly interesting. Maybe it has something to do with barbwire fences, it can't be fun to get tangled up in them.

Name
steve snail
Great Darlene it's a deal. $100 and you only have 29 days left to win the bet.

Thanks,

Ivan

Think Darlene won this bet and said to donate the money to Mikeys Board,

well did ya?

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Very pleased to meet you and if you ever need me,never hesitate to call...

413-433-5938...Caes...

G

of course she was, Kevin. It's what Chris does.

well, that and shave his eyebrows.

:lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom