A few questions, please read

Neil

Thanks to anyone who can help me out here.

Can I fit a slide in TM into an Astro van?

If so, should I go new or used? What brand/model would you recommend?

If used, where should I shop?

I had originally looked at getting a powerful porty, but I don't like loading and unloading equipment, and I figured I could get a bit more power out of a TM.

This is going to be my first TM, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.
I am fully VLM right now and I want something for single wanding on residential, and pre-extracting on the nasty commerical jobs I encap.

Tile Nerd

The suspension in the Astro van is gonna suffer from the weight of a truck mount. Steamway is coming out with a small truckmount, I think it's called "The Cube". Myself and 2 other guys were able to easily pick it up and put it in the bed of a pick up truck. It's a heat exchanger not a burner.

Call Jeff at 866-459-5995 and he can give you more information.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
there are a few that will...

http://nickseztruckmounts.com/index.html

he has one...

I think the smaller boxer will...

any that will, will probably have a 33 blower, maybe a 36 if your lucky...

also ummmm whats his nugget that loves the rotovac 360 has one in a mini van ohhh damnit what is his name?

Neil

Thanks for the input, guys.

Floorguy, do you know anyone who has purchased a machine from EZ truckmounts?

Tile Nerd

I had the "small boxxer" in an E150. If needed front brakes every 12 to 18 months and after 2 to 3 years it starting leaning to the right (like a guy who plays too much golf). It also needed new shocks and springs after 3 years.

No matter what you put in it, it will suffer within 2 years. It's just not made for it. I would buy anything smaller then 3/4 ton.

Neil

I thought about that, Tile Nerd. I'm in a position where I can either buy a bigger van and stick with the equipment I have, or stick with the Astro and get the TM. Based on what I have been told a small slide in will have about a 300-400lb dry weight, and I can fit a 70-80 gallon tank on it.

Tile Nerd

Now that you put it that way I see where you are coming from. I'd do the Steamway Cube if I where you. Before I found the killer deal on a 2100 I was going to put a Cube in my Trailer for water damage & tile work.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Check out the Power Clean Liberty. Comes with an APO so you don't have the weight of a waste tank.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Umm John, it says it comes with a waste tank. An APO doesn't necessarily remove the need for a waste tank.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom