A few words about the upcoming systems I'll be building...

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
1.) They'll have more airflow capability than other systems using the same blower at a given RPM. (Credit where credit is due. I didn't come up with this one... Paul Brown gave me the idea.)

2.) They'll be smaller than virtually any system with the same componentry, yet NOT be cluttered or inaccessible. (That's a tradition that I've long held. HX systems will have the same "small footprint / no clutter" philosophy.)

3.) They'll have better heat than comparable systems which use the same componentry.

4.) They'll be quiet... on par with systems offered nationwide... very likely, even quieter.

5.) They'll be simple and uniquely accessible from a maintenance perspective...

6.) They'll be solidly- built and reliable. No structural sheet metal will be used on the frames. The simplicity of the systems means less to go wrong and easier to trouble- shoot.

And they'll be available to see in less than 6 weeks...

That about covers it...

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
I lik the no sheet metal....i lik ta SEE what's goin' on wit my equipment when it's running.......i run my Genie sans covers.....

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
They'll have covers. But easily removable. And they will likely be sheet metal, cutout to allow breathing.

But the "structure" won't be sheet metal, bent to reinforce it.

I like to see what's going on as well.

Fred Homan

Good point...Run on.....Hope to some photos of a proto type soon. What are all the specs on this Nemesis?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
will the couplers be aligned properly so they won't shred every few hundred hours??

are you using real blower silencers or car mufflers?

and if car mufflers, are they hi-flow stainless performance mufflers?

..L.T.A.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Larry:

Yes. And the new motor slid- plate ensures that they'll stay that way...

Both... Excel's will have mufflers. Nemesis systems will have silencers.

Steve Smith

Duane,

Why do you use mufflers versus silencers on any of the truckmounts you build?

I'm assuming there has to be a little bit of clearance in the slots to slide the motor plate forward and back.

Isn't a person still going to have to check the alignment when they slide the motor plate back into place?

Steve Smith

Name
Lee Stockwell
Duane is the best at describing the machines he wants to build. I love the fit and finish of his prototypes and the few machines I've seen him build.

It's those da*&rn flying saucers that seem to always delay production...

:-)
Lee

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
David:

Xcel's will be $9495 for a CP version... $9,995 for one with a tank.

Nemesis will start at $14,000 for the 20/36 version. There will be 2 above that.

Steve:

There are guides on the sides of the frame, along the sides of the motor plate that keep it absolutely straight. The slots are just to allow movement. They don't figure in, when it comes to alignment. Here's a pic of a Predator in process that shows it pretty well, I think:

DSCN1205.jpg

Mufflers cost less, that's why, on an entry- level system... Replacing one in a few years for $75, when I make it easy to do, isn't such a bad "trade", the way I see it...

D.Layman

Duane-
What's the price on one of your Dominator mounts? I didnt see that on your website.
Can you get shrouds/covers made for it?

Thanks..

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Darek:

Currently, they're $17,000

I haven't built one with covers at this point. But plan to as standard issue. That will affect price, but I'm not sure by how much. What I prefer is to leave the system open, but shield the hot and moving parts only, which would be less expensive.

Thanks, Darek... and good to hear from you.

F

FB7777

are there a half dozen or so units out in the field now being beta tested for the inevitable tweaks and refinements that may be required?

One of your main selling points is lower cost, which is great unless the unit is problematic.

I'd hate to see the first purchasers be your R&D department.

Farenheit251

One thing I noticed when I chose to buy a machine from Duane. They weren't that much less $. But included everything you need except freight or install. Other brands didn't include enough vac/pressure hose,reels were extra,garden hose & reel extra,fuel tap kit a few hundred,freight to the distributor extra. If everyone is so concerned about the environment why are the big boys charging $1400 for an APO when Duane is half that and still making a profit. In the end he was always 4-5000 less and don't tell him I told you but you can usually negotiate some free options/upgrades with him.

The Preacher

and Duane usually calls on a regular basis to check on the performance of my machine and to see if i need any chems!!!

He's a credit to our industry. i hope his latest venture works so he can be around a while!!!

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Hey, Fred...

I can certainly understand your concern. My practice on new systems has always been that I have a local customer get the first one, at a deep discount, so that I can keep an eye on it, and so that he's compensated in advance for any inconvenience that may arise.

In the case of the Nemesis... There are 3 local guys who are getting them. I think this is a very good test, because it ensures that if there is a problem, it will show up quickly, with 3 simultaneous tests running.

The Judson's have said that, in the Reactor, they wanted to build a system that has no moving parts. My approach to the Nemesis was similar... No liquid bypasses to control temperature. They don't dump, except as a fail safe.

What I'm saying here is that these systems are extremely simple. That's the "theme" and that's why they're patentable... and have a patent applied for.

The 3 guys who are buying know what the design is. When I explained it to them, they all jumped at the chance to get one and, at a lower price than the retail will be, they were even more tickled.

These systems will not have "lower price" as a selling point. They will be competitively priced with national brands. The reason...? They will be distributed nationally, and that means that there has to be pricing room for distributors. The benefit to you, is that you will get localized service... and a system that is simply better than the others.

I know that to say that it's "simply better" may sound a bit "confident". And the truth is, I am, with these systems. You'll see yourself, in just over a month...

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
ok bud enough with the words get some pic's on the board
i can't wait to see them

i would wish you the best of luck But with all the hard work you have put in over the years you deserve a seat at the big table and im sure you will have it ...it.s got to be time we close a bar again...it,s your round too

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Hey, Jerry...

Thanks.

Guinnes it is... Unless there's McQuen's Edinborough Ale or Mackesson's Triple Stout bein' served...

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Richard...

Thanks. I know you're interested and we will be in touch about it.

First things first... Lemme get the first ones operational, with pic's and owner eval's...

Then, Connections...

I'm hoping to pull it (distributor readiness) all together by Connections in May...

hogjowl

Idiot™
See? This is how it always starts. You get back up and running, and then start posting so much you can't get anything done!

Heck, you've spent so much time here already that I can't even get you to email me a bill.

Sent it to the right email address.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Hey, Mardy...

I got nothin' better ta do at the moment. That'll shift in a big way pretty quickly and you won't see me here as much.

Course, I'll still check in at night and on the weekends... :eek:)

If you'd quit changing your address, I could get one through to you... :?

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
An update...

Well, it has taken a bit longer than I had planned. As I told someone recently, "Good things take a little longer.". In this case, the real wait is over. Now the assembly of the first Nemesis begins...

I was hoping to be up and running with this in time to present at Connections, Orlando. Obviously, it's not going to happen this year.

But the wait has been worth it, in terms of giving me space and time to consider all of the areas of the system from different perspectives again. This has been a good thing, because it's allowed me to streamline some things that will be of great benefit in the days to come...

The main thing in this regard is that I have designed the new frame to accept every system we make now, with the exception of two: the SplitSteam, and one that I designed specifically per request for a particular customer as a "private- label" model.

But to bring you "up to speed", so to speak:

1.) As I said before, I've designed a second exchanger system, the Xcel, which is as unique as the Nemesis in it's own way. I've decided to make it "flow- fired", similar to the large heater propane systems I've been building for years. The Xcel, unlike the Nemesis, will not have a recovery tank, but instead will have a continuous pump- out. (It's the direct counterpart to the Predator, the propane system we build.) It's even simpler than the Nemesis, in that part of the way it actively regulates temperature is via dumping water from the fresh water tank. (Since it has no recovery tank, it never fills up...)

2.) One important thing about the Xcel is that it will be very small... so small, that it will fit into a mini van... ANY mini van. I got this as an inspiration a few days ago, actually, when I was with a customer in his Honda mini van and he said, "It's too bad you can't put a truck mount in this van. It gets 24 miles per gallon.".

I can put one in there, hose reels and all, and have a lot more room to spare than you'd expect. (In case you're new to what I've done in the past, I designed 2 systems for Astro vans and they did very well.) Here's a link to see a system I put in a mini van a few years ago...

http://acceleratedcleaning.com/images/DSCN0418.jpg

3.) One more recent development: I am beginning design and construction on an oil- fired system. It will look exactly like a Predator Unleashed, but burn kerosene or diesel instead of propane as a heat source. I've been looking into this for a while now, and have received an order for one. The oil- fired burner systems will have the designation "K", after the model name, so "Predator Unleashed-K" (for kero) will be the new designation. (We will NOT use a voltage inverter for these systems. They will run on 12 volts and have an automobile alternator to provide extra amperage.)

Ans, "Yes", propane systems will continue.

4.) As a result, as far as I know, we will be the only manufacturer in the US to do propane, HX and oil- fired systems, at the same time...

5.) I have the concept for the "Elite", the dual- blower HX system, roughed out pretty well now. So, it may actually come inti form sooner than expected. My original plan was to do it in 2009, for release in Spring 2009. Once everything else is done and running smoothly, and I have no design work in front of me, I'll start on the Elite. And it looks like it will be sooner than expected.

Stay tuned... I'll start posting pictures of the Nemesis next week...

Thank you for taking your time to read this...

Duane

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
One of the things I paid special attention to on both the Nemesis and Xcel designs was maintenance accessibility. In my opinion, this is one area that's largely ignored in the industry, specifically with respect to heat exchangers.

The reason this is important is that, over time, exhaust and blower exchangers can get an internal build- up. This can cause a noticeable reduction in heat exchange efficiency.

What happens is that either sooting (from engine exhaust, especially if the engine is burning rich, such as due to a dirty air filter or spark plugs that need to be re-gapped, etc...) or moisture (blower exhaust, from the recovery tank is humid), collects on exchanger walls and collects more debris. This debris, then, becomes an insulator, and reduces the heat available for transfer.

The answer is to make exchangers removable and able to be opened and inspected, like this:

EndCapEx.jpg

The above picture shows the removable end- cap that I've designed in it's "raw" form. (Prior to installation. When it's installed, it's sealed with high temperature silicone and clamped and the entire exchanger is insulated, in order to prevent heat loss and increase efficiency.) This approach is used on all of our exchangers, regardless of which kind we're talking about. (It's also patent- pending.)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom