A full day of assessment and planning.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
My wife Jo and I had no kids today, Jo's aunty took them for 24 hours so we had our new years assessment and planning early.

Remember it's summer down under, set up on the back deak at the outdoor table set, sun umbrella up, a large pitcher of cold water with a lemon slice... no computers, no distractions, just scribble pads, pens and last years marketing plans.

We're both really happy with the day's events. If we had tried to do this in an office, there is no way we'd have lasted that long.

We started at 9ish and even had lunch while working and went through to 4ish when the children were dropped back off.

Very beneficial but now I have a HEAP of work to do :lol:

John

F

FB7777

Great idea John and good luck with implementation

I'm going to follow Lisa Wagner's advise "1 thing done= money"

My plan this year is to systemize my direct mail campaign I want to send mail quarterly to all previous clients with creative ad copy ... John Brauns Post card program looks very promising

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
please forward notes.

That is a great idea. When I was in a national company I use to take all my regional managers and resident regional managers to Marina Bay and we would rent a function area, eat drink and plot. It was great for moral and production

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Nice to hear you are still progressing, John. One of these years Sioux and I still have the goal of making it over to New Zealand. If so, we'd like to meet Jo.

Steve Toburen
www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS Much of the business and personal success Sioux and I have had was thanks to the two of us having a united purpose and goals. Of course, we've made some mis-steps and "detours" along the way but we don't talk about those ...

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Essentially we worked primarily on a flow chart of company/client (I'm not sure what to call this?) Marketing? Interaction? Perception?

Pre Contact: what advertising and marketing campaigns we currently have and what we should look at adding.
On the Phone: Telephone systems.
On the job site: systems for greater consistency of service.
After the job: Office follow up
1-3 Months Follow Up:
Annual:

This has worked for us in the past, it's simple, yet effective.

We're looking to primaily systemise our operations a bit better. We did this about 3 years ago, but like to refine it every 1-2 years. We last did this 2 years ago when I was in one of the vans with one other van/tech. Now that I have two techs in the van and I'm more managerial as well as running a second business part time, we needed to re assess our systems for simplicity.

Another area we're looking into is cost management (who doesn't) to see if there's areas where we can implement buying systems (bulk, group ?) to gain better buying effectiveness.

John

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Congrats John!

We have been doing some planning for 2011 also, that is when I can find Dan, I think he is still shopping. ??? :mrgreen:

Here are some tips to goal setting from Steven Covey that will help you more easily reach your goals.

Covey says that a well crafted goal should:

• Be specific and clear
• Be explicitly linked to a purpose
• Be written in plain language
• Be broken into bite-sized chunks
• Be measurable
• Be deadline driven

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom