A good shopping experience with Rotovac

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
I recently bought an unused Rotovac Ranger and 360i from a man who had hoped to start his own business.

When I put water in the docking station (the big roll around buggy), it trickled out onto the floor. Not good. Inspection showed a broken piece inside.

I just got off the phone with Chuck, who handled my concerns very nicely. The replacement part is on the way, he gave me a good price on a new brush carpet head and added a free pound sample of an enzyme cleaner. Even covered the shipping!

I am looking forward to using this equipment and I appreciate a good shopping experience too.

Thanks, Chuck (if you are lurking).

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Although your experience turned out well in the end, the fact that they did not test returned equipment before turning it over to someone else is not necessarily a positive note.

They are lucky they sold it to someone as understanding as you are.

Imagine the shit storm if one of the more pissy members with a overly sensitive mangina had bought it.

Could have went either way.

Reactions: steve_64

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Rotovac didn't sell me the gear, the original owner did. He'd had it a few years since his son died. It wasn't even fully unpacked.

I just appreciated the tips and helpful manners from
Chuck, when I called for the replacement part. I'm sure if the guy who sold me the Rotovac had tried it out back when it was new, it would have been a warranty call.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Rotovac didn't sell me the gear, the original owner did. He'd had it a few years since his son died. It wasn't even fully unpacked.

I just appreciated the tips and helpful manners from
Chuck, when I called for the replacement part. I'm sure if the guy who sold me the Rotovac had tried it out back when it was new, it would have been a warranty call.

Then I guess "good luck" would be appropriate.

I have been trying and dying to get some detailed pics of all the internals of one of those Ranger/CFX units.

I have never seen any, and I have been on the boards for years.

Throw a poor dog a bone if you get the chance, would ya?

Reactions: Old Coastie
Name
Nate W.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
You're killing me Frankie!!!!

http://www.mikeysboard.com/threads/disecting-the-rotovac-cfx.251838/#post-4036778

Granted it's only the CFX and not the Ranger...

2010 just about the time I showed up.

Either way,
Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries
I can rarely Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries
Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Focus my attention Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries
On anything you type Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries
Due to your avatars Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries Cherries

What was this about again?

steve_64

Although your experience turned out well in the end, the fact that they did not test returned equipment before turning it over to someone else is not necessarily a positive note.

They are lucky they sold it to someone as understanding as you are.

Imagine the shit storm if one of the more pissy members with a overly sensitive mangina had bought it.

Could have went either way.
I resemble that remark!

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I do realise that this is nothing to do with the inner workings of the "Ranger", but here's something that I did to my old "Docking Station" prior to the "Ranger" being released.

I have since sold my old, small CFX & Docking Station set-up, & purchased the newer 15 Gallon CFX, but minus the "Ranger".

Because it was a pain to empty the "Docking Station", I installed a "Tee Piece" close to the solution pump and attached a length of hose to manually dump the clean water when finished.

Once outside, simply turn the on/off valve to empty the water out.

This pic was taken back in August 2013.

:yoda:

Ranger 002.jpg

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Good idea, Shorty. I already made the mistake of sucking it out, forgetting the apo is slower to empty the chamber than the vacuum is to fill it.

Result was an impressive whoosh of water blasting about four feet out the vacuum exhaust ports.

Even more impressive was the speed with which I found towels to mop it up. I cannot in good conscience write what Mrs. Coastie said between howls of laughter.

Reactions: Shorty
Name
Ross Martin
I recently bought an unused Rotovac Ranger and 360i from a man who had hoped to start his own business.

When I put water in the docking station (the big roll around buggy), it trickled out onto the floor. Not good. Inspection showed a broken piece inside.

I just got off the phone with Chuck, who handled my concerns very nicely. The replacement part is on the way, he gave me a good price on a new brush carpet head and added a free pound sample of an enzyme cleaner. Even covered the shipping!

I am looking forward to using this equipment and I appreciate a good shopping experience too.

Thanks, Chuck (if you are lurking).

You are going to like the cleaner. Just mix it HOT.

I don't know why he didn't send you an 8lb container. Hard to trial a product with just a sample.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Me, I appreciate the gesture of sending a pound sample.

I do wish that brush head would arrive, though. The regular head does a pretty good job; today I used Saiger's Free & Clear on wool carpets, about 1600 feet. Lotsa spills and spots, as well as serious traffic areas.

Looks good now. I'm not overly fatigued. Good day all 'round.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom