A good Vacuum?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
What's a good vacuum I can just hook to the vac hose on my TM? I know that some burn out with too much power but there are vac relieve valves and all that. And I will need a dry vac filter I know. Sucks to work with an upright. More suck would be good.

I saw a "TURBOCAT ZOOM VAC POWERHEAD" from interlink but I think it's supposed to be used with a whole house vac...not a bad Arse TM.
If it lasted a few months, it might be worth it. But I don't want the burning rubber smell in houses either.

Anyone?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
The problem is you have to use some sort of dust downer in the line to knock down dust so it doesn't wreck your blower.It could be as simple as a short hose with a spray tip internal that is kept spraying so it liquifies the dust into your waste tank.

But the real reason to not use it is that you have drag all that vac hose thru out a home and then get it out of the way before you prespray. Not very time efficent.

Just use a high quality PROFESSIONAL upright vacuum.

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
Yeah, not to mention, why put that wear and tear and hours on your truckmount when a decent upright could last years. i have a couple sanitiars that i like. I also just bought a commercial oreck. Not really powerful but it is very light and convenient to carry in and out. i tend to use that one more and more.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
what a waste of resourses.

using a $15,000 (and up) TM to do the job of a $50- $100 vac :roll:

buy a Bissel Cyclone.
Matter of fact, buy 2.
One for rat holes and one for nice places

that Bissel will out suck ALL the vacs on the market.
When they break, you throw it away and buy a new one

...L.T.A.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Was just a thought I had without considering the cost of using the TM. Makes sense.
I tell all my customers to buy throw away vacuums so why should I use any different I guess?
Thanks.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
Buy a good vacuum that will last years. Windosr PV12 is the most durable vac out there and parts are relatively inexpensive. I've had one more than ten years and still works great!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
packfancjh said:
Buy a good vacuum that will last years. Windosr PV12 is the most durable vac out there and parts are relatively inexpensive. I've had one more than ten years and still works great!

Nahhh, that requires keeping it clean and repairing it.
100 bucks every few months for a new looking vac sounds about right instead of buying a 1500 dollar vac that lasts 5 years or so.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I'm with you, Brian.

after a year, our vacs look beat to he11.

Bissel Cyclone...trust me
$99 bucks

or just as good, but you'll need to clean the filters often, is the Bissel Powerforce
$49 bucks
we used those for years, but recently went to Bissel Cyclones because the lack of filter cleaning.
The thing rocks

..L.T.A.

Rex Tyus

I once used the Turbo Cat for rentals with no electricity. Now I just put the slot glide on my Greenhorn. :shock:

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
I have two Hoover Conquests. Built like tanks, run forever, perform wonderfully, edges nice, the 18" width saves time......and, they look like a tool a professional would use. Surprisingly, I hear comments about that from time to time.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ok, also something to be said about coming in the house with a Hack Vac.
Professional image is everything. bring in a hoover wind tunnel and the custy may not be impressed...esp if it's the FIRST thing you bring in.

Thanks Wayne,

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom