A "Green" demo

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ok, so I go to this referrals group every thursday...it has been good to me for the last 5 years..I am known as a bit of a wise guy in the group but everyone respects my cleaning and knowledge of such.

So here is what I am going to do. I am speaking for 10 minutes this week so I thought about doing a "Green" demo.
I am going to let everyone see the label on my green product briefly, maybe let a couple sniff a little and then

I will pour a shot glass of it and slam it. Just to show how "harmless" it is...as long as it doesn't kill me on the spot, I don't give a damn.
I am doing this to promote my new "Green" upsale. The people in the group are the type that will buy it (believe it) and then will promote it.
We'll see what happens.

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
20 years in business and you have to rely on a stunt to get more business. Good luck and have the msd sheet for the er doc to read. Why not show them it cleans as well as you other stuff.

Name
I'm Rick James
And you guys say I'm a GREEN freak!!!

Cleaning demo and info should do pretty well. If you do it, take video of it so we can see :mrgreen:

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
yep that is more than what i would do to get business. how about walking around with brochures and business cards and just talk to people, its alot less hazardus and you won't Sheet green for a month.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
He won't need to clean it up.
"Green" puke is self cleaning.

Also, if he farts in the shower afterwords, it might clean the tiles.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
LMAO
You guys are killin me. Where do I start?
I am ALWAYS looking for more business.
I am just trying to show that it is safe and the shock value will get them thinking about me.
Like I said if it doesn't kill me on the spot I wont mind crappin green for a couple of days..Maybe it will clean me out?

If you think walking around handing out business cards and talking to people is at the top of the marketing list you are sadly mistaken.
Referrals are number one along with Brand Recognition (which in my opinion is very similar to referrals).

I'll let you know what happens.

Oh and by the way, if I was to "lose business" in your BNI group I would imagine the people in there would be a bunch of uptight assholes.

Name
I'm Rick James
Brian your one crazy cat if your drinking your pre spray. Just curious why you going green? I heard that green was a passing trend. :mrgreen:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Brent said:
Brian your one crazy cat if your drinking your pre spray. Just curious why you going green? I heard that green was a passing trend. :mrgreen:

Nahhh. I'm just gonna drink the rinse. lol

I am just adding Green as an upsale. I will carry one gallon of Prespray and one of the rinse.
If it doesn't take off, then no big deal.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ron Werner said:
You would shock them!
Best read that MSDS first. You might lose a little more than your cookies.

Says right on the label. ok for human consumption...not sure of the exact words.

C

Carpet Dude

this green trend is nothing more then a sham.

Whenever you can drink what you clean with and it does not harm you, image how weak it must be on soil.

Back to the topic....dude you sound desperate. Why would I hire someone that drinks a chemical? What does that prove? Nothing!
Bring in a 6x8 along with a spotting machine and do a demo that way. Scotch Guard the rug piece a few days prior to the demo then get it dirty...spill coffee and juice right before their very eyes...you'll definitely look like a hero and a better chance of someone remembering you when they spill on their carpet.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
just becuase it says it wont kill you doesnt mean that it wont harm you. maybe you will grow an additional ear or maybe a toe.

but most of all if you do it i will gaurantee that you will gain some more common sense.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Carpet Dude said:
this green trend is nothing more then a sham.

Whenever you can drink what you clean with and it does not harm you, image how weak it must be on soil.

Back to the topic....dude you sound desperate. Why would I hire someone that drinks a chemical? What does that prove? Nothing!
Bring in a 6x8 along with a spotting machine and do a demo that way. Scotch Guard the rug piece a few days prior to the demo then get it dirty...spill coffee and juice right before their very eyes...you'll definitely look like a hero and a better chance of someone remembering you when they spill on their carpet.

Blah Blah Blah 6x8 Blah Blah spotting machine. :roll:
You guys have no imagination. I'm not gonna start drinkin it every day or anthing.
Desperate? Always for new business. I've more than just my mouth to feed and would like to leave something to the kids.
Always looking for new ways to market. This is just a stunt to stand out a little.
Is it the best marketing stunt in the world? Hell no.
Calm down, it's not that bad.
Maybe you'll read about me in the paper and Mikeysboard will be even more famous..now that is marketing.

I feel like Daffy Duck when he blows himself up to please the crowd.

Oh, and the internet and Television was a sham as well deusche bag.
We all know it's bullshit but people will pay for it becaus it's "Safe" for everyone.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
First - I do not advice drinking any cleaning products, even green ones.

If you decide to follow through on this, may I suggest you drink what will actually be applied to the carpet - a properly diluted rinse agent or prespray.

There will be many fewer bubbles while you speak and your stomach will forgive you sooner.

Scott Warrington

LeeCory

It sounds like you are going to dazzle them with your "brilliance"....

or something like that

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Good point scott..but what fun would that be? It may not work out anyway. I have to have it by thursday and they are out at the supply store. We will see.
Dazzle them with my "brilliance"? Brilliant!
That was a good one.

C

Carpet Dude

go ahead and dazzle them with your brilliant :arrow: :idea: idea. You may want to consider bringing along a glass or two of waste water to remove the soapy after taste. :arrow: :idea:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Far from brilliant. Just funny to me and fun at the same time. My afterglow may not be fun but what the hell.

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
It was 85 and very humid today and I was dieing for a drink. I thought of green man and said what the hell . Filled my 2 cup measurer up with rinse and drank it all. If green man can do it, so can I.

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
I watched a cleaner friend give a dog and pony show to a property manager some years ago. As he was preparing to mix up little sodium metabisulfite to treat water stains he assured the manager his products were safe and then proceeded to lick a generous pile of the powder from his palm.

I'll give him credit, he never missed a beat and waited till he was done before he spit. lol

A door-to-door salesman drank some of his miracle cleaner in front of an old customer to impress him with how safe it was. I read the label.....butyl.

BTW, while I'm no chemist, I'd bet when products are proclaimed "green" somewhere in the fine print it's assumed to mean "when used as directed." Normal exposure to a green cleaner used in the wash cycle is entirely different than the concentrated dose you think is gonna impress your friends and neighbors? Hope you do your homework.

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Brian,
One important idea abou any demo is that you want o practice it before you go live. Nothing is more embarassing than a big finish that flops.

Try and drink a cup at home before you do it so you know what to expect.

Most of you don't remember Bernie the man that formulated Perky Spotter many years ago but he regularly drank it whenever he demoed it.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I am going to see if the stuff came in today. I will try a little before I do this...that was the plan.

I will only be doing this once as I think all or at least most company's are full of dooty when it comes to full disclosure.

Hell the Coca Cola company actually states that there product is ok for human consumption. Go figure. :?

DRScrivner

If "Billy Mays" drank his Oxy-Clean on TV would that in and of itself make you run out to the store uncontrolably and buy some?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I wasn't able to do it. They didn't get the solution in that I needed. Oh well. If I do anything stupid like this again, I will surely let you know.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom