A "just" cleaned rug

Walt

I was on a job today and the guy asked me if this was normal. He pointed to a filthy rug and said it just been cleaned this week. Then he pulled back the rug. I almost didn't know what to say. I know the people who did this. (not anyone here).

This is what was under the rug. And the owner hadn't even vacuumed it yet!

cleanrug.jpg

klndry

Are you saying he didn't clean the rug at all? That doesn't make a lot of sense. They must have done something? So what could have happened?

Walt

klndry said:
Are you saying he didn't clean the rug at all? That doesn't make a lot of sense. They must have done something? So what could have happened?

Actually, they took the rug away for "deep" cleaning. They probably took the rug home, quickly vacuumed it and then steam cleaned it. That method doesn't cut it on a dirty rug.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
I have to say, the blue is what is throwing me off. I've seen people who don't dust the rugs prior to washing and having them lay a patter down... but as you pointed out they haven't even vac'ed it yet to drop that type of soil down. I've seen old tufted rugs drop out a layer of latex once it has been wet and made brittle by too much heat. So far the only blue I've ever encountered is when I had an old, old rug pad that had a blue rubberized backing that was simply falling apart and crumblin into clay.

Now if its a blue rug and that is either extra staple yarn falling out or its yarn that has had a lot of abrasive soil that has cut the fiber and created the small fibers. This I could understand, expecielly if he didn't vacuum the back and front and only cleaned the front.. especielly with the wrong Products.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I wonder what the floor looked like when the rug was taken away for cleaning.

That looks like a lot of leftover sand for a thorough "in-plant" cleaning. To be a complete pro, suggest the customer allow you to talk with the previous cleaner and let the other company have a shot at making things right.

If you know them to be hacks, maybe you can talk them into refunding the cleaning costs and let you clean the rug.

PS: Sell a rug pad here. All that grit on any floor is just like sandpaper. Even worse on a soft fir floor.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
The owner is using the back as the of the rug as the front because of wear all the wool fibers in not too surprising therer was alot of dirt in the foundation. It appears they surface cleaned the back of the rug the front was very dirty lots of ground in soil. I’ll post pics latter

This is the 3rd one this month and i have an old high school friend living in bend Oregon bring a rug up next week with a similar issue charged a shit load of money to wash the rug is still dirty and stinks

I see that all the time. That is from a rug that was pit washed that had a loose backing and the shampoo dried to form a powder. You're not getting all that powder out either so don't even bother. You may make a slight improvement.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
PLease don't tell me the cleaner didn't question the pile on the back of the rug facing the floor and didn't bother to flip it to clean it!!! Come on folks.. How many rugs have tags on the front?

Walt

sweendogg said:
I have to say, the blue is what is throwing me off. I've seen people who don't dust the rugs prior to washing and having them lay a patter down... but as you pointed out they haven't even vac'ed it yet to drop that type of soil down. I've seen old tufted rugs drop out a layer of latex once it has been wet and made brittle by too much heat. So far the only blue I've ever encountered is when I had an old, old rug pad that had a blue rubberized backing that was simply falling apart and crumblin into clay.

Now if its a blue rug and that is either extra staple yarn falling out or its yarn that has had a lot of abrasive soil that has cut the fiber and created the small fibers. This I could understand, expecielly if he didn't vacuum the back and front and only cleaned the front.. especielly with the wrong Products.

I took the picture with my camera phone. It wasn't really blue.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
this was the second dusting in total we got almost a full large dust pan of dirt out

P1000459.jpg

the front which is being used as the back was soild the side wrappng had soil crusted on it

P1000468.jpg

soil ozed out of the rug during washing ..not that bad really i've seen much worse

P1000476.jpg

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Walt said:
sweendogg said:

I took the picture with my camera phone. It wasn't really blue.

wow a camera phone can do that?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom