A Lotta bit more than grout haze

Name
Ross Martin
Hoping you guys can give me some advice about this job.

Not sure if I even what to do it if their problem is going to become mine.

This is grout that has been on the tile for about 2 years. It is a higher end rental and the current tenant is moving out. Property owner would like to have it fixed while vacant. About 1,500 square feet.

They are not concerned what the grout lines look like. Just want the grout off the tile.

Simple as black pads and acid?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Bad_Grout_01_zpsmuhag64a.jpe

Bad_Grout_02_zpsy4jeifsa.jpe

Bad_Grout_03_zpsljgjur4a.jpg

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
If that is ceramic tile,
Use Interlink's Viper Renew, an acid cleaner. Or any brand of concrete brightener, oxalic acid (Barkeeper's Friend) or phosphoric acid.

Avoid muriatic acid, it will choke the lungs outta you and stain any chrome and stainless in the room.

Apply your stuff by sponge to the grout slop and sip coffee for ten minutes. Use a wood stir stick to help break it up, then a stiff NYLON brush to finish it all off. Rinse the floor when finished, it is easy-peasy.

Last edited:
Name
Nate W.
Do you ever wear your socks on the wrong side?

Since getting socks with L and R, I feel weird/wrong putting them on the wrong feet....

I know this doesn't have anything to do with your post but I commented to subscribe to the post to see the outcome....:lol:

Name
cameron demille
You should be able to get the majority of it up with a 4" scraper. If you used a black pad, you'll end up with a dull finish and swirls. I am assuming this is travertine, that's what it looks like. You'll need to take it up to a higher finish to make it presentable

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Do you ever wear your socks on the wrong side?

Since getting socks with L and R, I feel weird/wrong putting them on the wrong feet....

I know this doesn't have anything to do with your post but I commented to subscribe to the post to see the outcome....:lol:
Dude, you're walking funny

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
I had an apartment complex that had that going on. I would do each one when it was vacant. I had to scrub with a red pad. I used a stripper. It took it off.
I got tired of dragging the floor machine up to the third floor. Thankfully they fired the manager and the new person had their own carpet cleaner.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Whoops. I edited my earlier post for ceramic tile only. If it is travertine, price it sky high and I'll drive down and refinish it. Dang it I need some Florida time and besides, Excellent Supply is just around the corner.

Reactions: Mikey P
Back
Top Bottom