A marble job i just finished

Name
cameron demille
Simple steps. 220,400,800 and 1800 resin diamonds, followed by polishing powder. not really a whole lot to it. I keep seeing these companies promoting their synthetic pads, (which have a place) to replace diamonds. I don't use 50 and 120 grits. Starting at 220 pretty much takes the "danger" out of it. The hardest thing you have to do is make sure you are overlapping correctly.

I will post some more photos when I get around to editing them. The ones that show the reflection of the chandelier have been edited to get the lights to pop, but that clarity is straight from the stone.

HcbKJQn.jpg

dny7HVf.jpg

Nw5BN5o.jpg

EMqy5eM.jpg

xmb9l03.jpg

WgrX60Q.jpg

YNyyhYy.jpg

7PJC8dG.jpg

BQVFX86.jpg

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
WOW!!!! Just incredible. We have no one around here that I know of that even has those skills. Been in a lot of places even in Minneapolis - Twin Cities, MN and don't think I have seen anything so nice.

You guys on here that do this stone work are incredible. Always love looking at everyone's stone restoration.

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com

Reactions: ted mcfadden
Name
cameron demille
Usually with limestone I will go to 3500. The higher you go with the diamonds, the less you have to work the polishing powder. Limestone is stubborn and takes a bit longer to polish, so typically by the time you get the high shine, you've orange peeled it slightly. MB-22 is a really good compound to avoid this, and also going to 3500 (rarely, but sometimes 8500) will avoid this and maintain clarity.

I do have some before pics, they are on my computer at home. I have a few walk through videos too. I'll get them together a little later.

Name
cameron demille
If you can run a floor buffer, I can teach you how to do this is a couple of days. There is always a learning curve, but getting the basics to understand what you need to do, and to feel comfortable about it comes very quickly. Don't be afraid to use diamonds.

Back
Top Bottom