A Poke In The Eye......

R

R W

......is all it took to blind my brother in law. Joe is, what we say in these parts, "a few cards short of a full deck". Joe was involved with the cleanup of the Beirut Barracks bombing many years ago, and that experience "stole" a few of them cards. He is on disability from the Marines, so he spends his days working on motorcycles. He specializes in British bikes.....Nortons, BSA, Triumphs. He repairs, rebuilds, parts out (lot's of e-baying). Well, Joe was working on his bikes last Friday morning, about 5 am, when he fell with a wrench, and poked his eyeball. He didn't think much about it, and covered it with a patch. His wife came out to see him before work, and asked him about it....he said "it's OK". Well, a few minutes later he came into the house and said he was feeling sick. Well, a trip to the Cleveland VA Hospital put him right into surgery. He had a hole in his eyeball, it was leaking, and his cornea was missing....floating somewhere in his eye. The Drs. gave it till the next morning, but couldn't find, let alone, reattach his cornea. His eye will shrivel up, and will have to be removed and replaced with a glass eye.

Man, safety glasses are a must when working around stuff with tools.

One poke was all it took......

R

R W

Yep....poked with an open end wrench. Now we can call him "one=eyed Joe"....he is already out riding his bikes. Now THAT'S got to be tough scanning for traffic with no side vision, as if it ain't hard enough scanning "cagers" with 2 good eye's!! His big problem is he is a recovering alchoholic and drug abuser, clean, but with all that morphine at the hospital, I hope he don't fall from the wagon.

Another biker friend of mine lost a leg because of an accident last week, swerving to miss a deer in the road. He hit a guard rail, and Drs amputated his leg today.

And I bitch cause my arm hurts from CC'ing.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
"a few cards short of a full deck"

they might have been able to save it IF he was timely in seeking medical attention

R

R W

"they might have been able to save it IF he was timely in seeking medical attention"......

actually, he did seek medical attention within a few hours. The Dr said the damage was irreversible and could not be corrected. It was just fate.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom