a question about networking groups

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
how the heck do you know if the dudes you're referring from your network group are worth a chit or not??

I know a lot of different contractors in all the trades.
some I wouldn't send to work on a dog house

..L.T.A.

At BNI we have what's called "dance cards"

This when you meet one of you BNI partners and go out for lunch and or coffee and get more in depth. Lots of times we meet at another's shop or office. I just met our contractor at his job site and got a tour.

Name
Bruce
I've been in my leads group for over a year and I have still not referred a few of the people in my group and a few I don't think I ever will refer . I'm sure they are saying the same about me only because I have not gotten any work from them.

M

Mark Imbesi

Chris Muetterties said:
At BNI we have what's called "dance cards"

This when you meet one of you BNI partners and go out for lunch and or coffee and get more in depth. Lots of times we meet at another's shop or office. I just met our contractor at his job site and got a tour.

The Dance Card is after they are members and is a great way to better know them and their business. But, it all starts with the MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE. The membership committee consists of 3-5 members and is headed by the VP. These 3-5 members take in the applications and process them (call on and visit references, and then vote). If they feel an applicant is worth membership, then you are in. If not, move on.

It is always advantageous to invite multiple businesses in the same category. Then you can pick the cream of the crop.

Another way if you know if someone is worth it (besides meeting with them and also using their services yourself) is listening to the members give testimonials about other members.

There are several checks and balances with BNI that make it successful for all.

PS - I dont refer everyone in my group. There are relationships I have made b4 BNI, and I will not turn my back on someone who has already served me well (in Italian, this is called LOYALTY).

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Do you trust the member who brought them in? Have you used their service? Have they gotten any testimonials? Have you been to their place of business? What feeling do you get from them at the beginning of the meeting when you are shaking hands?

It is up to the members to do their homework. Theer are always one or two bad eggs but they seem to get weeded out in time because no body will refer them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom