A royal pain in the ass.

Mikey P

Administrator
Ive had a bunch of dusty, long hair, neglected jobs this week.

I can get through a job with out the end caps on the Royal's brushroll jamming up so bad with hair that the damn belt can't spin it.

It's a constant fight to just try and get thorough one job...

I'm going through a belt a day.

I'm going to try my other Royal, which as a different cap design for a while but I'm about to give up..

IMG_20170616_125834.jpg
IMG_20170616_125846.jpg

Reactions: Russ T.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Hey Mike, I just recently discovered that my Royal has a much better performance with the nozzle guard taken off. The only disadvantage is it eats up a cord if you run it over. So just watch your cords. Your belts might last longer without the guard on

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I have the same issue Mike. At $26 from Jon Don, replacing the brush roll is getting old.

If you take off the guard, won't the belt be spinning against the carpet Matt?

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
All this farting around with belts and brushrolls is expensive.

Really expensive.

I bought my Royal because I didn't want the bells and whistles. Just a beasty vacuum that dominates residential carpet.

I really like it on Commercial because it's so large and doesn't have those clogging issues as much as it does on residential.

But we are a mostly residential carpet cleaning company...

http://www.jondon.com/proteam-proforce-1500xp-upright-dual-motor-vacuum.html

I chose the Royal over the Proteam a couple years ago. I have questioned my choice in the past but haven't brought myself to test with another $450 vacuum.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Just taking whatever vacuum i can get...i would have never bothered with it unless it was free. I figure kirby make a good vacuum for all the prevacum. Been using shark but i use for regular house cleaning so I rather use that only in that manner.

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
Love my red and chrome 16 inch Sanitare. Looks like a sports car and the beater bar is perfect. No issues with belts ordered on Amazon...yet.

Reactions: BIG WOOD and FB7777

Doug Rice

Supportive Member
I just ordered something totally off the MB grid for testing..

It'll be here Monday.
A New Shark Rotator Lift Away which is now the old school way. Love my Shark. Done another job last week for a girl from my church who had just vacuumed with her Dyson ( They leave them out so we will be impressed) When I finished vacuuming and went into the kitchen to ask her where I could empty my canister she was asking what kind of vacuum I used.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom