A royal pain in the ass.

Mikey P

Administrator
Worse thing about a Kirby is trying to use one on stairs.

The Royal works great when held just right.

My 1st Royal has a much better end cap design.

The one above is going to the dump.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Fookin carpet cleaners, you're concerned about the wrong end. Those old skool machines are trash. They had their day, just like smoking and asbestos. :eekk:

That day is over, today you should be concerned not just about agitation, and recovery but FILTRATION.

You should never go into a home or business and put more particles (dust, dirt, mold, skin, dander, hair) into the air stream.

The old machines were not designed to capture this stuff. The micon size of these particles is just too small to be filtered by a paper or cloth bag. you need a HEPA filter.

Now if you clean rat nasties, it may not matter to you. However if you are in nice homes they have been educated in recent years to HEPA filtration.

When you whip out some dinosaur of a vacuum you're telling that client you don't know or don't care about what you are doing to their indoor environment.

Don't be that guy, you may be inline for a scolding from them. :winky:

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Here's my two used kirby...the silver works great but the other was used alot for shampooing...gotta get that cleaned. Otherwise, suction is strong. Im happy that i dont have to buy anymore vacuum for time being.

Attachments

• 20170618_090516.jpg
    20170618_090516.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 225

steve_64

Fookin carpet cleaners, you're concerned about the wrong end. Those old skool machines are trash. They had their day, just like smoking and asbestos. :eekk:

That day is over, today you should be concerned not just about agitation, and recovery but FILTRATION.

You should never go into a home or business and put more particles (dust, dirt, mold, skin, dander, hair) into the air stream.

The old machines were not designed to capture this stuff. The micon size of these particles is just too small to be filtered by a paper or cloth bag. you need a HEPA filter.

Now if you clean rat nasties, it may not matter to you. However if you are in nice homes they have been educated in recent years to HEPA filtration.

When you whip out some dinosaur of a vacuum you're telling that client you don't know or don't care about what you are doing to their indoor environment.

Don't be that guy, you may be inline for a scolding from them. :winky:
And don't point your stinking exhaust into the home.

Reactions: Mikey P

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
The main secret with any vacuum is not to use them all too frequently.
That way, they last like champs!

The best ones are excellent dust collecting devices to be stored in the south east corner of the van.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I broke my Proteam so I'm back to using a Kirby until the shop fixes it. I hate not having an edging tool! I may get a shark. If it's good enough for Dumpster Diving @TConway then It's good enough for me.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I broke my Proteam so I'm back to using a Kirby until the shop fixes it. I hate not having an edging tool! I may get a shark. If it's good enough for Dumpster Diving @TConway then It's good enough for me.
Don't be an idiot. Fix that Proteam. If you buy a shark, it'll break in the first month

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I get about two weeks out of a bag. Nothing like a Kirby bag though. I will say this, the proteam jam packs the crap in there tight.
That's why it broke down. I only get about 3-4jobs out of a bag on my proteam, NOT TWO WEEKS

DANG DAMON!

Reactions: Nomad74

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Not all
That's why it broke down. I only get about 3-4jobs out of a bag on my proteam, NOT TWO WEEKS

DANG DAMON!
Not all my jobs are transient hobbles under a freeway overpass. But there are some jobs where I fill a bag in one job.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom