A step back?

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
My helper left after working for us for a couple months. There's promise in the paintless dent repair game that caught his eye. He expects to make $150k a year soon...we will see.

So The Kid's alone again. It's one of the busiest times of year for us and I feel okay.

I waited and watched and could kinda tell he wasn't into it. I didn't make any weird moves like taking on hundreds more apartments although it was tempting.

Quite a few days off and a general lack of commitment and communication were plenty to have me feeling more stable now than in months.

I'm not sure I'm cut out for having employees!

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
But do you really want to get to the end of the road and be a lone wolf? (I know this has been cussed and discussed many times here)
I could think of worse things. The danger lies in not committing to either one.

I really need to think about what I want.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
You'll be fine don't get stressed about it.

If another guy with potential comes round give him a chance and you will find one or a couple that work well.

Reactions: Russ T.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Its a constant search. Even when you have "the guy", keep your eyes open. Someone better might just pass by.

Here is what I would do, I would post on Facebook that there is an opening.

Use opportunity as a chance to talk your company up. Even if your client base doesn't have someone they know of to fill the position. It will still be good marketing for your growing company.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I actually think that would work. Lots of customers with college aged kids, teachers with a couple months to burn...

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Hire the retard grocery bagger.

Any small business has the same problem...............employees.

A lot of the 2 or 3 truck operations around here have went back to being an owner op.

Hard to find people that will work, not have tattoos , don't smoke etc.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Chris A

Name
Chris
I just let me newest guy go after two months bc of the same shit... Calling off, late, etc. Busiest month coming up for us too but I gave my other guy a raise and we're both gonna tough it out for the next month or two

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I actually think that would work. Lots of customers with college aged kids, teachers with a couple months to burn...
Again, I would work it so it's not just an ad but a marketing piece also.

The Clean Machine Huxley IA is seeking your help in acquiring and employee or two for our ever expanding Carpet Cleaning, Oriental Rug & Upholstery cleaning business.

Wanting much more than just a warm body, we figure whom better than to help us in our search but our loyal clients.

We want someone that takes pride in there work and cares about doing things right. An individual that enjoys making a difference by restoring soiled carpet back to life.

We are wanting someone with a good eye for detail, honest, drug free and valid drivers licence.

Sorry, we are not hiring someone that "needs a job". We are looking for those that "Want a job". If you know of someone that it's this description and would like a change with a career in cleaning, contact Russ Tearhar at the Clean Machine.

Something along these lines. :winky:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Hire the retard grocery bagger.

Any small business has the same problem...............employees.

A lot of the 2 or 3 truck operations around here have went back to being an owner op.

Hard to find people that will work, not have tattoos , don't smoke etc.
I thought you already had a job Jimmy.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
upload_2017-7-19_19-59-5.png

upload_2017-7-19_19-59-50.jpeg

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
That's a tough one Russ.
Just try to look at the long term and see what really works better and feels right for you.

upload_2017-7-19_20-5-11.jpeg

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
I could think of worse things. The danger lies in not committing to either one.

I really need to think about what I want.
I get you, I've been one on the carpet cleaning side of my company, kinda like Mickey now. But not on the janitorial side. Now at 66, I've moved to crews on that as well. I would hate to think I was trying to draw SS and wand for a living alone at 66:hopeless:

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
Helpers are easy to replace. Keep replacing them until you find one that is excited to be there.
You should have let the other guy go as soon as he missed a day...or two.
What I do- I over pay. About five dollars over what the competition pays. I expect a lot. I'm not their friend...they work for me and I respect them but if they aren't helping my business then... bye.
Should probably like baseball in your case to fit.

Name
Nate W.
I've hired a few friends and always told them Friendship ends when work begins.. It still never worked out but it was some money for them until they found another job..

Reactions: Jimmy L

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom