a supply room

TimP

I can tell you it that the one supplier I used gripes me majorly when I order some stuff and then they don't tell me if I would order 1 more gallon of prespray I could get free shipping..... :evil:

I think a good way of going about it is doing a group buy or having specials on high volume purchases. Getting the volume to get the prices down some. That way the supplier makes the same money or a little bit less but makes up on it in volume and discounted purchasing. Although I don't know if there is a way to get prices down enough froom the manufacturers to get people on board.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Greenie said:
Actually of this entire thread, the "helping us to purchase smarter" theme has the most value.

You would be surprised how many Overnight orders we fill each day, and how many "I just need a couple gallons to get me by" calls we take.

Compare 12 minimum orders of 4 gals. of juice, and 12 individual shipping cost, to one "free shipping" 15% off 12 case order placed with some advanced planning and there is all the SAVINGS you will ever need from your supplier. And you BOTH win.

Greenie, I LIVE by that rule.

Freight and shipping to NZ are so expensive, I almost always buy in bulk. Even from New Zealand destributors, I'll try and order at the beginning of each month and a lot of my orders are usually bulk and get (well) above the min freight orders for free freight.

By buying at the beginning of each month, it also gives me up to 50 days to pay, and I always pay in full. If, because of poor cashflow, my payment may be a few days late, generally the disty gets the decency of a phonecall with an appology and assurance of when it will arrive.

John

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Bob Foster said:
Maybe it would be a good idea to ask suppliers to tell us how to order the most economical way quantity wise and shipping wise. I also think that most of us would not mind some suggestive selling when we call in. Something like thanks for the order of prespay. Do you need any blocks or sticky tabs?

Definitely a good idea. This is something Interlink has been putting in its catalogs the last two years. Folks in some of the stores have told me that many of their walk-in customers buy in single gallons. That obviously does not get you volume discounts and takes a lot of time and expense to make regular trips to the stores.

Most suppliers have a customer appreciation day once a year with some significant discounts. Stock up. If you have a place to store product where it will not freeze or simmer in heat, the products will last a long time in sealed containers.

Here are the basics of our Smart Buy Program -

Case quantities get a discount -at least 5%, usually 10% sometimes more when you pruchase 4 gallons or 12 quarts of whatever.

Get a 20% discount when you purchase 4 cases at a time. That is 16 gallons.

Multi-truck operations or those with plenty of storage room can get a 30% discount for buying in pallet quantities. That is usually 144 gallons.

Free education materials - CDs free with case lot orders, JumpStart Technician Training modules, Fast Track training for operating a business and marketing materials depending on purchase volume. Even free tuition to classes with larger purchases.

Scott Warrington

TimP

I'd like to see a pallet price on some Judson O2.....or at least a 3-4 case price.

Greenie

Since most Judson O2 customers buy the rinse ($100) and prespray ($140) per case, I'll average.

4 case. 10% discount = $432
8 case 15% discount = $ 816
12 cs. 15% discount = $1224 plus free freight.

Being that you are not that far from Les, you could always ask for a shipping incentive on less than 12 cases.

TimP

They used to offer free shipping on 1 case......last purchase I paid shipping. Didn't know I would but oh well.

I'd be interested in the multi case discounts as I love the juice (especially since it got reformulated earlier this year)....and would only have to buy probably 1 time a year or every other year......

Ernie G

We just ordered 12 cases of 02-saved some money, I think thats the only way to go in todays enviroment.

G

I think it great idea .
Jim Martin said:
we need a room where distributors and/or manufacture's can fight ( for the lack of a better way of putting it ) for our service instead of us fishing for theirs...

a room where if some one types in that they need a gallon of citric .. ( for example ) who is going to give me the best offer ..?
all participating distributors/manufactures have to bid against each other for our business on who is going to pony up the best price and or the best deal.......

In our economical roller coaster.......we all need to start finding ways to save a buck......I am not saying someone send me a cheaper type...it has to be specific to what you order.....

with the economy the way it is if we cant afford to run our trucks....... more then us are going to suffer......they will suffer also......give a little ...get a lot.....

this is just a thought .....any input ??????

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Wrong area Tony.

There's dedicated rooms where suppliers can BUY advertising on this forum.

But then I guess you may need to update your prices to offset the 1% advertising cost so you don't make a loss :roll:

John

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom