A video of Travertine refinishing complete with diamonds through powder polishing

Name
cameron demille
My partner and I made this video in response to a certain manufacturer's claims that diamond pads and polishing powder were inefficient, costly and difficult to use. This video is unedited, other than being sped up to avoid boring you to death.

In the video, it mentions we are using a 220 volt machine. This particular Hawk has a Baldor motor, which allows you to re-wire, and use a voltage converter to get 220. I do this because I grind with heavy weight a lot and it draws less amperage. The exact same results can be expected with a standard 110v swing machine.

The steps are explained in the video, but I will list them here:

1. Mask off cabinetry and other areas where necessary.
2. 220 grit resin diamonds
3. 400 grit resin diamonds
4. 800 grit resin diamonds
5. 1800 grit resin diamonds
6. Stone Pro 5x polishing powder
7. Neutralize/rinse
8. Clean up plastic etc. (did that as we rinsed)

You an see that we don't spend that much time on each grit. I feel like a lot of guys are not confident or unsure of how much is enough. People waste a lot of time during these steps. It doesn't hurt the stone in any way, you're just losing time.

Notice we do not rinse between any of the steps. I feel the need to rinse is over hyped and completely unnecessary except in very unique situations

This video isn't great, but I hope it helps to understand a little bit better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3ZshiVowUU

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

Chris A

Name
Chris
Great video! Very informative for a guy like me that does no stone work.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom