accepting credit cards

KOOSER55

Im looking for the best company to go threw to accept credit cards any ideas?

Mark C

I use PayPal virtual terminal. works well for me.
$30 a month and 3% of the total. There's probably cheaper out there. I just like the ease of use and functionality of PayPal.

KOOSER55

the company i talked to gave me this quote for a portable machine:

Purchase For Only $479.00.
That's $10 off the regular price and ONE FULL YEAR OFF THE LEASE TERM! You also receive a free carrying case for the terminal and thermal printer is you lease the terminal. Or you can purchase the MTT 1581 for only $479.00. This unit also has a built in pin-pad, which means you will not pay a percentage rate on any transaction when you are given a debit/check card and the customer keys in their pin number into your terminal!

Discounted Fee Schedule:

Merchant Account Set-Up:
Free!

Application Fee:
Free!

Annual Fee:
Free!

Visa/MasterCard/Discover Credit Card Rates:

Visa/MasterCard/ Discover Debit/Check Card Rates:
1.64% + $0.24 Per Transaction

$0.25 Per Transaction

24/7 Customer Support + Statement Fee:
$7.95 Per Month

American Express has separate rates and fees

*A $15.00 /monthly wireless service charge applies to any wireless credit card terminal.

Gary T

If you want to go the wireless route, I did. Get the Nurit 8000. The unit is all in one, machine and printer in one unit. Go to www.tnbci.com they will give you a better deal than what you listed, with no contract.

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
crdit cards

There was a thread on this subject a few months ago. Try doing a search on credit cards or credit card companies and I'm sure you'll find it easily. Trying to remember back to the thread I mentioned, some cleaners hear cautioned about minimum monthly # of transactions and/or dollar amounts, how often and how much they can increase your rates by and other fees they aren't exactly upfront about.

They try to distract you with the terminal pricing and lease stuff, knowing how we get glassy eye'd with toys and gadgets...

I've had a few crooks call me... and positively there are lots and lots of good companies in business too.

Good luck.. report back any helpful information you find.

KOOSER55

i called www.tnbci.com and the terminal alone was $80 a month or 2400$ and the rates were simular to the quote i have but he was saying charges for air time and statements, it just seems alot higher then the company flagship

John Olson

Name
John Olson
We have a standard terminal but also use PayPal Virtual terminal. A couple of advantages to using the Virtual Terminal. AMEX and Discover are the same rate is Visa and Master Card. Your money is available IMMEDIATELY. As long as you use your PayPal debit card you you get 1% Back so for me it cuts my rate down to 1.2% plus the money is in a Money Market so it is earning 2.49% currently but was over 5% for most of last year.Oh and it is way cheaper to take foreign cards with the Virtual Terminal then running them on the physical terminal.

If you are hesitant to use it just think about this for a second. Prochem uses The PayPal business Virtual Terminal as well.

I just wish PayPal would hurry up and come out with a physical terminal.

Gary T

i called www.tnbci.com and the terminal alone was $80 a month or 2400$ and the rates were simular to the quote i have but he was saying charges for air time and statements, it just seems alot higher then the company flagship

That's insane. They only charge me $15 a month for airtime, no statement fees, and my rates are lower than what you posted. I owned my machine($600 new), but they gave me a brand new one cause mine worked off the old mobitex system. No idea what's up with that, sorry.

KOOSER55

i talked to someone who said they were pretty high on the sales team but they could of just been trying to make a fortune of me i dont know but i can try calling again and getting some one else

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Tip:

Something that has helped us from the headaches and assuring we get payed.

If you have an office assistant, and you/your tech is at the job receiving a cc payment, you can inform the customer you will get them a receipt, run inside of your van/shut the door, and call your office assistant and have them run the card for you...than just stamp your invoice w/ a "paid" stamp.

that way by the time u get to the office and run the cc u know it won't have any chances of being declined, saves a trip back to custy's house if the only other form of payment is a check.

we dont accept checks mailed to us, as the client tends to either forget to send or they never send it.

...i once worked for a co that went immediately to client's bank to cash the check...they informed the client they must "secure funds"...that way they knew checks would clear the same day.

Bill

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
I use Bank of America and couldn't be happier.

I do not have a machine or anything...everything is called in.

The money is always there by midnight of the next day with BoA.

Another one that has the best prices is Costco.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
i forgot to mention...not sure if people actually carry a small laptop w/ a mobile laptop stand like cops/insurance guys/gals do...but u could run an air card, n run the processing online thru the laptop on the client's driveway.

i used to work in the roofing/catastrophe industry so we tried to limit the amount of time of going to n from the office, having everything in the truck/van, laptop, small printer, made life much easier.

Does anyone use costco"s

I also heard there are only 7 banks that truely do credit processing - the rest are middlemen.

Has anyone else heard that.

I really like the paypal idea. Are you accessing it on your phone (via internet) or on a laptop?

LeeCory

http://www.federatedpayments.com/equipment.php

I use Federated Payments for my credit card handling. I also own and use the Nurit 8000 and love it. I purchased it outright so I didn't have to lease. The Nurit 8000 is a dream machine... :) It is wireless, it approves and prints the transaction very quickly. NO MESSING AROUND

The plan isn't something I could simply describe, but it is very fair. If the small monthly minimum is met you don't have a monthly fee.

The whole thing is very simple. Just swipe the card and it prints the receipts.... that's it!

Again this is a subject that is open to peoples preferences. Some people prefer to connect to phone lines and dial it in, or wait to get home to do the transactions over the internet.

I prefer the ease of use of wireless and INSTANT approvals. Be a professional.... when a customer hands you a credit card you want to be able to swipe it and hand them a printed approved receipt immediately. Spend your extra time in the swimming pool.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom