Adding additional truck marketing idea

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
Ok. Here it is.

First of all, I am getting an answering service. I can't even clean carpets and answer calls at the same time. My phone must have rung 30 times today. And for my company, that is alot.

I am sick of cleaning carpets, and I am ready to step out of the truck. So, I want to keep an additional truck busy. Here is my idea. I can be an overflow, demo, estimator until I can get a 2nd truck fairly busy. So, I was thinking of adding "Same Day Service Only 50% more" with some restrictions. Like, call before 1pm, etc. based upon availability.

What do you think? I think it will work. It will be worth running for the summer months, and see how I book it out.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I one of two things will happen.

Not a single person will want to pay more,

OR

178 people will decide they want it done on some unlucky tuesday and bitch and whine that you aren't available to do it like you promise in your ads.

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
There will be an exclusion that says "based upon availability". I know a guy who did it and had it work really well.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I would not tout a negative- if you want to offer it and want to charge more don't market it that way, just market same day service avail without going into the additional cost till they call.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
good chance that something like this may work.the key is to get the phone to ring so you can sell it......I agree with Ken.never ever market the cost of anything....come up with something creative to make them call and then sell yourself............BTW why waste your money hiring someone to answer the phone if you are stepping away from the truck.....I would think that even if this took off good you would have more time to answer the calls and still concentrate on marketing your ideas.....I would doubt this is going to be something that is going to keep a van running full time.......

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
A answering service won't close YP price sensitive clients or be able to answer any cleaning related questions.

A answering service will cost you tons of lost revenue.

Time for a new brain fart.

Tile Nerd

Get off the truck an answer your phone. Doing both at the same time is probably not fiscally responsible. Or, hire an office manager and stay on the truck.

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
A good answering service, will take the call, and sort the interested people to you, and the telemarketers, and idiots of the world can just go away.

I don't advertise in the YP, so whoopee doo I don't care about price shoppers. I just want to TRIAGE my calls lol

Back
Top Bottom