Addressed to..............

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
When doing bulk special/seasonal mailings (not reminders) to your customer list, do you prefer to label them to the customer name on file or do you prefer "Customer", or "Current Resident"or other??

Why??

Mikey P

Administrator
Put their name AND "or current resident" if you don't care about getting them returned to you so you can track people that moved.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
I use only the mame so they return it back to me if they are not there any longer. Gives me a reason to make a phone call. See if I can keep a cheerleader ( for S.T. ).
Always good to talk to a client.

Reactions: Mikey P

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
When doing bulk special/seasonal mailings (not reminders) to your customer list, do you prefer to label them to the customer name on file or do you prefer "Customer", or "Current Resident"or other??

Previous clients?
Yes, I would use their name. Why? Cuz you know it!!!

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Can make an argument for either way.

Personally like to use full name and not put current resident.
This way when it comes back i know its a new homeowner and can send different cards. Like a welcome package or something.

Reactions: dgardner

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
All good points.

My initial thought was to address them to "Current Resident", in that even if they moved, there is most likely still carpet present at that location and a new prospective customer.

My interest in the location still remains regardless of who is occupying it, but I can also see the benefits of knowing if a customer has relocated, as Shane pointed out in being able to switch up the content of the message.

Probably best to just list both as Mikey says until I get my mailing routine firing on all cylinders and my customer database in order, and have a better system in place to be able to adjust mailings as necessary and mix things up a little.

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
Always to the customers name here. Once a year I have a "return service requested" put on the piece to keep my list clean.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Always to the customers name here. Once a year I have a "return service requested" put on the piece to keep my list clean.

I guess it's nice to know if someone has moved, but I am not sold on automatically removing that address from my list completely, being that there are benefits to being familiar with the property/address, and a good chance that any carpet that was cleaned in the past still remains.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
My initial thought was to address them to "Current Resident", in that even if they moved, there is most likely still carpet present at that location and a new prospective customer.

My interest in the location still remains regardless of who is occupying it, but I can also see the benefits of knowing if a customer has relocated, as Shane pointed out in being able to switch up the content of the message.
Therefore having the name on will work better for you.
  1. You'll know your client moved and will not waste money on mailings to them.
  2. As a result, you'll be able to send a more personal mail to the new owner and...
  3. Your mail is less likely to hit the trash basket sitting, oh so treacherously close, to the mail box.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom