air duct cleaning?

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
how much do you charge for air ducts?

what do you do the amount you are chargeing? -ie. do you disenfect,rotobrush, wipedown.

do you have different levels of air duct cleaning?

i am going to buy a rotobrush and was trying to get a ballpark on prices and services. thanks in advance.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
$375.00 up to 12-openings, each additional $10.00

No levels, the full deal, most are around $400.00-$500.00

Access the plenum, put the system under neg air, use skipper balls, brushes, run returns trunk line, clean vent boots and grills, remove blower, clean and reset.

Average $100.00 a hour, but it's a lot dirtier work than carpet cleaning.

Not bad work but carpet cleaning is a lot easier and cleaner.

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
1st of all, don't buy a rotobrush. For that matter, don't buy anything that pulls the contaminants back into the home. Buy a negative air system. For what you pay for the rotobrush toy, you can get into a negative air system.

We charge $35 per opening, $350 minimum.
This includes removal of the register, HEPA vacuuming the register and opening. Clean/disinfect register and opening. Cleaning of ductwork using the appropriate attachment(s) and of course re-setting of the register. Also includes cleaning of the main supply ducts.

This price doesn't include any treatments sprayed into the ducts. I don't like introducing products into the system. About the only thing I will use is Spocidin if the cleaning is part of a mold remediation.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I agree with the debil, don't buy the rotobrush. It's over priced for what you get and not as through as other systems.

Like Ed (debil) we also don't spray anything into the systems.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yes that's the one we've used for 10-years.
Good machine!
porta_vac.jpg

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Mike ,

I have the ful Set-UP.....In the original Trailer....Compressor,brushes, hoses.ect....

I think it has less than 150 hrs....Let me know if you are interested... :?:

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
Check out www.abatement.com too. I used thier stuff for a few years. It works good and priced pretty decent.

I was at $200 for the first 10 vents and $10 for each additional, but that was 7 years ago.

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
porta_vac.jpg

What the hell does that thing do? Do you use it to suck prarie dogs out of holes on the weekend?

Name
I'm Rick James
Was thinking about subbing this work out to a local company, whats a good kick back for me?

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
That would be nice Jim. I had a good talk with Joe h today and he passionately displayed what a negative purchase a rotobrush would be for my compny. I think I saw a unit very similair to the one Chavez put at Vegas. The unit would serve as more than just an airduct cleaning unit. It can be used to extract insulation,blow insulation. If I start using million plus btu heaters I could use it to exhaust on the other side.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
About the 95 percent of the work we will be doing is commercial. I askEd Harper the same question what happens when the package unit us onthe roof of a six story building?

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
That old pringle would be a good starter unit. Don't be a rotobrush hack

I just started my own Duct Cleaning biz after seeing a huge hole in the market where I'm from.

I'm going up against a couple of companies that currently use only Rotobrushes. When I pull up to the house in this:
bsamtruck.jpg

for an estimate and explain how the system is going to be cleaned it's a no brainer for the customer. Only problem with CaddyVac is they are not cheap. The operation though is first class and I've received a lot of help from them. I figured if I wasn't going to go all they way I wasn't going to do it. I'm glad I did cause I love my Caddyvac!

The nice thing is that the market hasn't been ruined by low ballers like most carpet cleaning economies have. I.E. = carpet cleaning should be cheap.

I've had no problem getting prices like this: Base price 330 up to eight vents and $23 a vent after, 100 more for A/C and 100 on top of that if it is a crawl space furnace. I've been up and running for two months and my lowest priced job has been $522

The sad thing is that people have been paying prices like this for a rotobrush job.

Get yourself some education and look to cleaning to an industry standard. http://www.nadca.com

Many have as many issues with NADCA as with IICRC, but it is good to know what they are.

I'd much rather be cleaning carpet but there is such a hole in the market and so much money to be made I just couldn't pass it up.

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
Haven't run into a high rise yet, but I'd probably have to use a portable and zone off sections.

The one I ended up with is one that Mac used in his own business. It's an 06 and had 80k miles with 2500 hours on it. It was 65K so about 12 to 15k more than a new truckmount setup.

The truck in the picture isn't mine. It's another guy here in Montana. Mine is the same just with different paint. I like his paint job...pretty cool. No lettering on his. I'm in the process of getting a wrap designed. I'll get some pics posted when I get it done.

A company I worked for used a pringle vac set up like the one in the link already posted. Used it for years before they got a CaddyVac. Good unit and wouldn't set you back a whole lot.

If you could do a ride along with a local HVAC company you can learn a whole lot before you would get going.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Micah you got a great unit there!

We looked at those just before the economy dipped and decided to put it off for a while. I'd still like one of these days, they sure are nice.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom