Air hog plus situation help needed!!!

Mijaalga

Name
MikeG
I have a portable in front hallway of house and this portable is the mytee breeze 104, dual 3 stage vacs in series and I add the air hog plus which also has two three stage vacs. Is this going to be beneficial for me and if so am I going to benefit on the cfm or the lift? I am getting confused on this matter regarding this and if John Barbara, I think that's his name can help me or someone else it would be greatly appreciated. I am looking for the best set up with my porty for being beneficial for lift. Am I looking in the right direction here?

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Yes, it will help with the lift and cfm tremendously if ya gonna run hose over 50 ft. Since this done on series manner, your lift is benefited more. If you put it in parallel manner, your cfm will increase.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
If you connect them daisy chained, it is series. If you buy or mod the lid to connect the air hog hose to it and run normal hose from portable, that becomes parallel.

Mijaalga

Name
MikeG
Ok I am new and I am getting confused or not asking right question. I am probably over analyzing but here it goes. Just a plain Jane portable like sandia sniper 120 psi 6 gallon single 3 stage vac with heater, run 50 feet of vac hose with 2" vac hose from sniper to an air hog and then run vac hose 25 feet to wand with 1.5" vac hose. Is this going to give me great cfm and lift? And secondly is the single vac or dual vac air hog better for me in that case?

Reactions: GeeeAus

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
Ok I am new and I am getting confused or not asking right question. I am probably over analyzing but here it goes. Just a plain Jane portable like sandia sniper 120 psi 6 gallon single 3 stage vac with heater, run 50 feet of vac hose with 2" vac hose from sniper to an air hog and then run vac hose 25 feet to wand with 1.5" vac hose. Is this going to give me great cfm and lift? And secondly is the single vac or dual vac air hog better for me in that case?
It will help a lot. Get the twin motor unit.

Mijaalga

Name
MikeG
So if we're to add the universal vac pump up top of porty and vac hog (single 3 stage vac, 7003) down the line maybe 15' from wand - this would add me parrallel strength at porty and series strength down the line. Maximizing both cfm and lift?

Reactions: DAT

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Maybe I don't understand the situation but wouldn't it just be easier to move closer to the area you are cleaning? :headscratch:
Cut your hose down to 25 feet or less?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'm just thinking for the extra expense of a booster, the extra setup and tear down time. The questionable look of cords running throughout someone's home, with the added possibility of blown breakers. I'd move the machine closer.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I don't know how long of a hose you want to run but I think I would invest in a more powerful portable with 2-13.5 amp 3 stage vac motors. One that is plumbed for 2 inch hoses. This should give you the ability to run at least 75 feet of hose without too much vacuum loss. Only 2 power cords needed. 3 if you want a heater. Go try some machines out at your local suppliers.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
@Desk Jockey thats why i decided not doing that. My hose is cut to 15 feet. Works better that way. The only time i would have the hog is with the water otter for tile grout cleaning

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We have to look at who benefits. The homeowner or us. It's easier for us but there is added noise and inconvenience of having two machines running.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
So if we're to add the universal vac pump up top of porty and vac hog (single 3 stage vac, 7003) down the line maybe 15' from wand - this would add me parrallel strength at porty and series strength down the line. Maximizing both cfm and lift?
If ya gonna be doing that...you will need to have a generator 6500W-8000w for parallel vac portable to leave in van ot at door with power cords connected with it. You can have the hog in house close to you to help with cfm/lift.. you can potentially use 100ft of vac hose this way. Mighy want to upgrade to 2 inch hose as well for better cfm. But like @Desk Jockey says...it will get messy and complicated...

Mijaalga

Name
MikeG
Went to local mytee supplier, 30 mins away which I believe for assistance and warranty is huge and made purchase today as he altered a new machine (smaller version with added wheels on handle for better portability) with dual 2 stage vacs parrallel instead of the 3 stage and a 500 psi pump. Why you ask, just read on..... Have the water otter, single 3 stage vac air hog and turbo 2400 watt heater. The machine is only one cord 15 amps and in canada it's a big deal for a lot of homes with 15amp circuits, plus homes typically don't have as many circuits in homes as USA. Remember we're still pioneers compared to you Americans LMFAO JK . I have the water otter for higher pressure and auto fill / in capability for tile and grout. Air hog to increase cfm and lift down the line on another circuit (if needed) and auto out capability. And the heater for grungy carpets that need it. Plus oreck orbiter (for area rug spa at my shop), tile spinner, rotovac 360i, which I find is not so good on tile but freaking amazing on mid to high carpet. Use my oreck on low pile and works fantastic. Have a generator that can cover many essentials as it covers 9000 watts running if need be.

Got home at 1:00, so excited went and did a job for 400.00 in the daisy chain so to speak with machine and air hog to flow through 50 feet of 2' and last 25' of 1.5' was outstanding. From pull-up to pull out it was 2 hours. My ROI in my eyes was great and finally I can put my old portable out to pasture. I love the fact that I can adjust to different systems to different customers and I explained that to him today and he loved the idea that I was adjusting to his home and his carpets and sofa luv. He called his friend for Monday (after super bowl ) to do his whole house and some upholstery. Plus gave out number to 2 of family members. Let me know everyone's thoughts as I know I have bugged many of you over last couple of months with info. Lol. Sorry but kinda not as many of you helped me huge on a due diligent process on what was overall best for me. Thank you!!!!!!! You Porty Canadian .

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I think its best to add the Air hog after 25-50 ft from the first portable to get the maximum benefit. When I added the air hog just 5ft from the first portable I didn't seem to get much vacuum increase for all the headache adding all the hoses. I don't know why it seemed this way.

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Id think a porty in series and the air hog in series be combined with a 2 in Y would be the best bet. High series and high cfms.

Reactions: GeeeAus

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
a mix of series n parrallel would be great .. if the air hog is put in series .. that might be good .. only thing Im sure of is dual series in parrallel

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Parallel=increase cfm (volume or surface area in which lift can achieve at a distance)

Series = increase lift. (Suction)

Having the hog down the line just enable your to increase lift so you have more suction through opening of wand at distance. My portable is dual stage 3 parallel with already strong lift. If i want to run 50 ft or more, i would use hog. Keep in mind that that increase lift does not really increase cfm. Nor does cfm increase lift. You want more both at same time? Get a bigger vacs or more vacs.

Reality, if you want good rig..just get a TM. Portable is limited and i wont waste time with all that boost.

Cfm and lift is not unlike amperage and voltage.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom