Almost never.

Mikey P

Administrator
Price shopper from Tahoe called yesterday.

.40 a foot floored her but my abbreviated my life story that I slipped in, acomplised the near impossible.

She actually called back an hour later to book.:eekk:

Called back again this AM to add tile, wood and upholstery to " just the carpet"...

There goes my Saturday.

Last edited:

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
People who are firmly price shoppers are rarely swayed by such things as Mike's "lady killer charm" or Meg's knock 'em out of the ballpark marketing skills.

This woman likely just didn't know what things should cost to get what she wanted, and was a little sticker shocked and leery of the "new kid in town".

Mike's ability to reassure her that he's both experienced at what he does, and a genuine human being as well, were likely the reason why she not just booked the work, but added on more.

The typical price shopper, even if they go for the .40 per square foot price, would not add on more work. She would also likely work him over during and after the job to extract every bit of "value" out of the job that she still felt was overpriced.

My guess is you will have a customer for life with this one Mike.

Mikey P

Administrator
get this

Had a lady three blocks over call this AM. She asked if I was as expensive as all the rest in the area are (I'm the second highest, or so I thought) She recently moved here to be closer to her brother who lives real nearby as well.

"In Turlock( CA central valley shithole) I only paid $150 to get my whole house done. This guy Sierra something or other wants $350 for just my living room, small dining room and around the beds in three bed rooms, does that sound right to you? If that's the going rate here I'll pay it but that just doesn't sound right..."

"and don't laugh but my brother cleans carpet for a living too and he said he would do it for free but the last time I had him do my old house it took forever to dry and I couldn't tell any difference.."

I'm going to take a look tomorrow when I'm out walking the dogs..

Like stealing candy...

Last edited:

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
attachment.php

Back
Top Bottom