Almost ready to fully commit to Flash Cuffs..

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I got mine in....much much better.....easy to pull apart...nice swivel.....
Finally they are on the right track with these things....

we need some good reducers.........and a few other things.....

These will rule the cuff market.....make everything we need and in a few years everyone will have to Google what a cool cuff is.....because they will be a thing of the past......

Reactions: John Olson

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
All the ones in the showroom were hard as hell to unlock.

So how does one know if they are geting the new and improved ones if ordering online?

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
I never used flash cuffs but what I've heard and from my experience I like cool cuffs the best

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I never used flash cuffs but what I've heard and from my experience I like cool cuffs the best

and probably what you heard was correct when they first came out....but they have finally been improved.......

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Where ever you buy them from has to check them. I got blindsided as did Hydroforce with a few 2.5" from the old stock still being in the system. They wouldn't turn even for my strongest mechanic. When they are right they are smooth turning with just enough resistance to keep them from being obnoxious.

Becker

Name
Becker
My old ones suck!! My new ones are awesome. Snap right together. Come right apart. Stay together when they are suppose to. Very pleased with them.

Lefty724

Name
E
I'm pretty sure I still have the older (FC's) ones, they are hard to connect/disconnect. It's ok though since they are WAY better then anything else I've ever had...

I was having to use a Mytee cuff at the devastator for a little while until I got the new lid with a FC. Awesome now!

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
The only complaint that I have is that my cool cuffs just last forever. They keep going and going.... Damn it!
Can't throw them away while they're still perfectly good. Some I've had for five years or so.

The Mytee ones I got to admit are junk.

Maybe I'll just treat myself to throwing away Joe's last built just for the therapeutic benefit :winky:

Reactions: Mikey P

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Do these have the metal clip like on cool cuffs? Mine are cool cuffs and the metal clip always falls off, just a pain, I've been wanting to switch them out for something better, plus the fact that I don't order from JB anymore.

I'll be calling Olson for 2 sets since I have a 2nd truck now.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
No...and unless you push the button...( which is 10x's easier then the older ones)....they are not coming apart...........

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
i got some you can buy from me...

um 2 2.5 sets....a 2-2.5 and extra 2.5 male for swapping out your dev or RC filter male...

spotman123

Name
Wayne foster
Get them threw John Olson....he has the good ones....he is the only one I know who has them.......
I too have just gotten the new and improved ones threw John Olsen. I am extremely impressed with the ease of operation and construction. If you are not sure, order just a set to try out. You will not be disappointed IMO.

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
So I have a answer for you Mikey. I cant believe you just didn't buy this part 2.5 to 2.0 male
IMG_20131227_101834_959_zps8f00dd86.jpg

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
It is part # FC-OU812-BS
I was thinking maybe send one to Scott W.
Maybe they would make it to add to the selection. The barb that fits inside the 2.5 hose works ok but has to be glued and it is only sold to a limited few guys. I think this would be better to roll up on reel and it would not have to be glued on. Just add it to the end of your 2.5 hose then any of your 2.0 hose would connect with 2.0 FC.
With what they have now it looks like you have to always use one piece of 2.0 hose with the 2.5 to 2.0 threaded reducer.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom