alright guys let me have it!

Able 1

Name
Keith
11-28-200884934PM.jpg

This one was my LAST years Yellow Book ad. The year before I had a different pic. and quote. The thing is I really didn't notice any difference in call volume. My daughter is going to be pissed when she gets older... maybe?

I thought it was funny and at the time, and even now I kind of like it.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I really don't want to like it but I kinda like it.

Little wordy.
You don't have to fill up every square inch with words.
Get the high powered truck mount outa there.

Still pretty good.

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
Re: alright guys let me have it!last

lol! I've been waiting for the right pic, headline and opportunity to do the same sort of thing.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Re: alright guys let me have it!last

Larry B said:
That would suck to share a page with a law firm. :lol:

That's the inside front cover! 8) But I know what your saying...

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
what was that line from The Bee Movie, The mosquito at the end of the movie comes in with a briefcase and proclaims he's a lawyer and says " I've always been a bloodsucker, all I needed was a briefcase!"

About the ad, What is it you do?
When I read it as a cleaner I know, but where is the line that draws them in, that attracts the person that needs, or compels them to look to see if they need, carpet cleaning?
Sounds like you are really trying to "sell" people on your service, like the street salesperson yelling out, but most people just never make eye contact and keep walking.

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Play the black out game. In other words take your ad and compare it to every other ad in the phone book. If another ad states, odor control in their ad use a black marker and cross it out of your ad. Do that with every phrase.

What is left in your ad when you are done is what makes you different. I imagine you won't have much left. So the consumer is left with the age old question "Why you?"

Be specific. For example "Odor control" should be the odor is gone or you don't pay. And yes I know all of the what ifs of odor removal. But every ad says odor or spot removal. As a consumer I want to know for sure that you can guarantee that my problem will be gone. Otherwise it all comes down to price.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Listen to Bill Y and Wayne- perhaps even have Wayne do some work on it. There are a number of things wrong from an asthetic standpoint, and the picture needs to be changed- its trying to be cute but fails imo. Fonts are too big and too stretched imo and all fighting each other.

Ken

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Able 1 said:
The thing is I really didn't notice any difference in call volume.

I thought it was funny and at the time, and even now I kind of like it.

This becomes the challenge, "You" like the picture, but in the YP it becomes lost. An advertising book once said that if your picture isn't conveying a 1000 words, its taking up space. Hence you see pictures of a baby on carpet, or something ON carpet, etc.

I think if you rework this ad based on the suggestions you are being given you might notice a difference in call volume.

Able 1

Name
Keith
That was last years ad... I won't do my own thing anymore.

Here's this years.

Thanks Wayne!

able_carpet_yp_ad_FINAL.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom