Alternative prescrubber

Farenheit251

Is there a good alternative to a rotary for prescrubbing. Getting busy and I had 2-3 jobs where I didn't want to unload that 100 pound beast. One only needed part of the family room agitated and the other one needed only a couple areas upstairs and by Friday noon I wasn't keen on humping the rotary up stairs.

I rented a sebo duo to try out but it says not to use on wet surfaces and it only has a two prong plug which scares me.

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
Knowing what other equipment you have & what type of work you do would help, A Vento\HOS machine is 69 pounds & would give you an OP machine that's a great scrubber, other considerations would be a iCapsol/CRB/Host type machine, my Vento weighs 35 lbs less then my floor machine & is easier to haul around as well, my floor machine is now dedicated to hard surface duties.

Since space in a van is limited, buy a machine that's going to fill the most voids in your business.

John Watson

One year ago at SFS in Portland, we bought a 12 in rotary with an adjusta glide brush just for that purpose. More agitation in TA's It takes very little space on the truck, Helen can pack it in if needed.

With that being said, about 4 months later at connections we asked our self's why we buy the new ProChem crb or a machine like that for more dual purpose. Oh well It still works for me, I bring it in maybe 4-5times a month. sure a lot lighter than my 175 or cimex

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
When my back starts to go bad and I need to stop bringing in my heavy 175 for a few days I will use my trusty old Clarke FM 13. It doesn't look as bad as this one on EBAY (#310047832818) available today for $150 but probably just as old. Does all the scrubbing you need but weighs 35#. Carry it with one hand.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Been using the Sebo for a year now. Unless you plan on submerging it or spraying it, there's no way for moisture to get to the electrics from the bottom. Its a solid piece of plastic.
And at 11lbs, its easy enough to carry and use and I've found it does an excellent job of prescrubbing

Chris A

Name
Chris
I use the sebo also, it really does do a great job on light to moderate scrubbing. I still get out my rotary for the really nasties though.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
never tried the smallish rotaries but i liked the Host for pre-scrubbing.

Greenie

I must say the 11lb lightweight Sebo looks like a low cost nice piece of kit, most guys are just looking for something to brush in the pre-spray quickly and dig up some hair, hard to argue with an 11lb solution that is what...$500?

2nd hand Host is pretty light too.

R

R W

I dunno......I like the ProCaps for pre-scrub.....when I do it. It is pretty light weight, digs up the crud, and can be run with one hand. It's just a PITA to get out of the van.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
I've got a pile lifter in the garage. Is there any reason i shouldn't un-plug the vacuum motor on it and use it to agitate? It would sure be a lot lighter and take up less room than my 19" rotary.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Brian E;

I would also vote for the ProCaps cylindrical brush machine.

It brushes in opposite directions with ONE pass over the carpet.

Also fairly light in weight to carry easily.

The Pile Brush will also do a fairly good job if you change to the nylon brush to handle the moisture.

Larry Cobb
Mikey Board Supporting Member

Name
Bill Soukoreff
I have been using the iCapsol/Procaps on every job and love it. Hardly use spotters now.

Get the one without the sprayer, it makes it too clumsy to get it in and out of the van, and does not work well anyway. I love the multi-sprayer and iCapsol combo.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Used Host machine will pimp your traffic lanes on cut pile. Grab the Hruby for CGD or Berber.

Golden Boy

R

R W

The ProCaps is fairly light and easy to handle. It's just that I stand it up in the truck, and it catches on everything when I'm trying to take it out. I do store it on it's storage base. I carry that machine, and the RX20.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom