Matt w.
89DE6AA1-07A8-4D92-97F8-A227656B1197.jpeg
I found this in my son’s stack of schoolwork he brought home

Last edited:

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
It gave me the best feeling, but also made me question something. It Made me think that either I'm doing it right, or I'm working too damn much and not spending enough time with him.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
My wife showed me the one that she laminated, that was the finished report he wrote, that I replaced above

Yes, we bought a laminator.

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Only you can say, but don’t be too hard on yourself. Working a lot gives him a much better impression of what being a man/Dad is than being his best friend.

Very true... while still maintaining quality time with the son.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Condoms?
One hitter?
I can’t say. But it was bad. Some older girl in his school was having rape fantasies and wtiting stories about them. My son and another boy were characters in her stories. My son was mortified

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I'd say it's good that your son wants to be like you... That letter right there is exactly what my older son would say or write.
Although I don't want him to do this. He is very smart and I'd rather have him use his brain power for a higher education that could give him a better career.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
That's awesome Matt. The older my son gets, the more I realize he's watching and listening to me and tries to emulate the things I do and sometimes say. Keep being a positive role model!

My son's mom and I haven't been together since he was about 15 months old. Her soon to be husband always tries to step on my toes any chance he gets but the guy has a problem keeping a steady job. :dejection: Despite all that I try to make sure my son has a good opinion of him so it doesn't damage the relationship they've built. I don't talk negatively about his mom or her fiancee in front of him. I'm a firm believer in not involving children in adult problems. There's been many times I've stepped up and help more than I "should" financially so they can get by. My son is going into 3rd grade and knows how to add and apparently he was keeping a running total of how much I helped out one month since I stopped by the ATM on the way to drop him off.

I've had talks with my son about how a negative attitude is the beginning of failure and how trying your best with a positive attitude is how you learn to get better.

Anyways they were fighting about bills in front of the kids and apparently my son had an opinion about it and got grounded for his words. Apparently he told the fiancee that he should have a more positive attitude and just because he doesn't like the work he does, isn't an excuse to not try his best and go every day because that's what a real man does like his dad. :eekk: He also threw it in his face the times I helped them out and how when he doesn't work "my dad has to help more than normal"

A part of me smiled from ear to ear because he remembered the good of what I said, but another part of had to scold him for being disrespectful despite his words having some truth.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Sounds like he could be an exterminator too!

Good job Matt!

Took my son out when he was 13

He started part time at 16 over the summer, worked for me until he was 22 been at Northrop over a year and hasn’t missed a day,

He’s 23 making $22 an hour and he is going back to school to be a engineer.

Northrop is paying for his schooling.

He’ll be making 90k a year when he’s an engineer with 3 weeks paid vacation and retirement and health care!

I hope he never comes back to carpet cleaning!

He’s already got over 10k in his 401k at 23.

He’ll retire better then me for sure!

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Sounds like he could be an exterminator too!

Good job Matt!

Took my son out when he was 13

He started part time at 16 over the summer, worked for me until he was 22 been at Northrop over a year and hasn’t missed a day,

He’s 23 making $22 an hour and he is going back to school to be a engineer.

Northrop is paying for his schooling.

He’ll be making 90k a year when he’s an engineer with 3 weeks paid vacation and retirement and health care!

I hope he never comes back to carpet cleaning!

He’s already got over 10k in his 401k at 23.

He’ll retire better then me for sure!
I'm wanting the exact same for my son.

Reactions: SamIam

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
That's awesome Matt. The older my son gets, the more I realize he's watching and listening to me and tries to emulate the things I do and sometimes say. Keep being a positive role model!

My son's mom and I haven't been together since he was about 15 months old. Her soon to be husband always tries to step on my toes any chance he gets but the guy has a problem keeping a steady job. :dejection: Despite all that I try to make sure my son has a good opinion of him so it doesn't damage the relationship they've built. I don't talk negatively about his mom or her fiancee in front of him. I'm a firm believer in not involving children in adult problems. There's been many times I've stepped up and help more than I "should" financially so they can get by. My son is going into 3rd grade and knows how to add and apparently he was keeping a running total of how much I helped out one month since I stopped by the ATM on the way to drop him off.

I've had talks with my son about how a negative attitude is the beginning of failure and how trying your best with a positive attitude is how you learn to get better.

Anyways they were fighting about bills in front of the kids and apparently my son had an opinion about it and got grounded for his words. Apparently he told the fiancee that he should have a more positive attitude and just because he doesn't like the work he does, isn't an excuse to not try his best and go every day because that's what a real man does like his dad. :eekk: He also threw it in his face the times I helped them out and how when he doesn't work "my dad has to help more than normal"

A part of me smiled from ear to ear because he remembered the good of what I said, but another part of had to scold him for being disrespectful despite his words having some truth.
My parents did a terrible job at bringing me and my siblings in their drama, and that didn't come out very well. Both of them lost a lot of respect from us during our teen years. What you're doing now is going to make life so much better in the future with your relationship between you and your son.

steve_64

My dad was and is the only hero I've ever had and I'm sure your son will be the same way. Mostly because you care I think.

Nice to read the stories here because we don't always see this stuff in our society today.

Reactions: Jim Pemberton

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom